Any badges for not dying?

On 8/24/2024 at 3:15 AM, ZekeStenzland said:

I was going to guess lotro as well, but somebody beat me to it. Grrrrr. 

On the other hand, penalizing characters for doing anything difficult or risky doesn’t seem like something you’d want to do as part of a superhero game. IMO. 

Maybe if there were an Iron Man setting or something? Where you have the badge while you’re alive and then you get deleted when defeated? Doesn’t seem worth the effort…

many of the "classic" TFs have a "Master of" badge which indicates completion under more arduous conditions including not dying. Those are significant achievements. Not sure if you were already aware of that but it's the closest you can get.

There's also a badge that you can get that might be entitled "Undying" (Working from memory here I'm sure other badgers will correct/enhance details) with a description akin to "It's possible you can't be killed" - that represents your character's journey through adversity.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:32 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Additionally, it would be too easy to get for new players as well... while maybe you might like the challenge of grinding through content unscathed (like many of us), that lazy person next to you is door-sitting on a 2-3 hour farm and getting the badge while AFK.   😕 

I mean, badge hunters do that now with certain badges anyway. It's not like it would hurt anyone. Not saying we should or shouldn't, but that's a bad metric to decide if a new badge should be added in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, jprewitt73 said:

I mean, badge hunters do that now with certain badges anyway. It's not like it would hurt anyone. Not saying we should or shouldn't, but that's a bad metric to decide if a new badge should be added in my opinion.

Yes, but when it is impossible for existing characters to get a badge, that opens up the complaint department.  

On 8/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, lemming said:

Yes, but when it is impossible for existing characters to get a badge, that opens up the complaint department.  

The complaint department is always open, I suspect. 

There are a bunch of hard mode badges that are impossible for me to get, because of my playstyle, but I don't mind other folks getting them.

2 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

There are a bunch of hard mode badges that are impossible for me to get, because of my playstyle, but I don't mind other folks getting them.

My badger didn't get all their badges until last year.  Hard is one thing.  Impossible shouldn't be put in.

On 8/22/2024 at 4:32 PM, MikeSol said:

Is there a badge in this game for not dying by the time you reach a certain level?

giphy.webp

Run Away! Badge

c'mon all of us have done it

giphy.webp

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

5 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

They aren’t impossible though; you just refuse to adapt your playstyle. This would be genuinely impossible for some players. Big diff.

19 hours ago, arcane said:

They aren’t impossible though; you just refuse to adapt your playstyle. This would be genuinely impossible for some players. Big diff.

You don't know me. My playstyle *is* what is possible for me, it's not an adaptability issue. But bless your heart. ❤️ 

Either way, I'm not arguing for badges that are impossible to get, so no need to school me. 

Back under my rock, then.