Ice Mastery APP thoughts?

biostem

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Has anyone tried out the newer APP, "Ice Mastery"?  If so, what are your thoughts?  Does the pet share a similar "4 mins up, 15 mins recharge" as PPP pets?  What about the other powers?  I appreciate your input.  Thanks!

Corruptor thoughts, with Defender values being slightly higher for comparison:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Totally missed this addition.  Definitely got my interest though reading about it.  I'll have to take a look in game.  I run a Cold/Ice Defender and he's already quite strong.

The Build Up is terribly fun and the Ice Elemental can become quite tanky which is useful when soloing against AVs. The shield can slot both res or def set IOs and Hoarfrost will get you a pocket self heal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

looks not too bad, will check it out - thanks for the analysis @Glacier Peak

i haven’t been playing much over the last months but started a poison/ice def before waning out. ice mastery could be a nice addition rather than psi mastery for Dominate with 5 procs in it

on an alt like poison with lots of -res, dominate is near enough a delete button for enemies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

looks not too bad, will check it out - thanks for the analysis @Glacier Peak

i haven’t been playing much over the last months but started a poison/ice def before waning out. ice mastery could be a nice addition rather than psi mastery for Dominate with 5 procs in it

on an alt like poison with lots of -res, dominate is near enough a delete button for enemies

For all that Ice Mastery is, it's certainly a unique ancillary powerset. No holds persay, aside from the AoE Sleep that you can squeeze some Fortunata purples out of if you are chasing set bonuses. The real stars IMO are the shield and the heal, especially for the 1606 HP crowd like Defenders and Corruptors.

• Thumbs Up 1