New guy here.

Mozie

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I really don't know where his goes. 

So I'm sort of new to this game. I've played for two months and currently at level 8 I know it's not great but I do have a job. I never had the chance to play the original game and none of my friends aren't interested so I've soloed it so far which is fine. 

I don't know what else to say except you can find me on Excelsior. My only character right now is called Platimum Titan. I misspelled it on purpose. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2

Welcome to Homecoming

You're doing fine so far. Play at your own pace and choose your own path. If you have questions here's as good a place to ask as anywhere or you can ask in the Help channel in game.

We have a regular Saturday team on Indomitable, which is for a couple of hours from 3pm Eastern time. We've just begun a new Villains team so you'd be welcome to join us for that if you so desired.

What AT is your Titan character?

• Like 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

51 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Welcome to Homecoming

You're doing fine so far. Play at your own pace and choose your own path. If you have questions here's as good a place to ask as anywhere or you can ask in the Help channel in game.

We have a regular Saturday team on Indomitable, which is for a couple of hours from 3pm Eastern time. We've just begun a new Villains team so you'd be welcome to join us for that if you so desired.

What AT is your Titan character?

I available most Saturdays so I might do that. My current characters AT is Blaster. 

• Like 1

Cool well you'd be welcome. Remember this is redside though, so you may want to make a new character. Starting from scratch will be fine, we're already low teens but you'll catch up very fast.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I know that "Casual" is a dirty word for some.......PTUI!

But take the game at your own pace, at a difficulty level that is "comfortable" for you.

Learn the color coding of story arc vs ancillary/ random missions.

So you can plan out how you pursue rewards, etc.  This will help plant the build and build schedule.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Welcome. The game was designed to be casual friendly - play a few minutes or a few hours. There's no prize for going fast, so the pace you play at is just fine.

You'll have questions and the vets here and in game are pretty helpful. Just ask away.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Cool well you'd be welcome. Remember this is redside though, so you may want to make a new character. Starting from scratch will be fine, we're already low teens but you'll catch up very fast.

What does Redside mean

6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

I know that "Casual" is a dirty word for some.......PTUI!

But take the game at your own pace, at a difficulty level that is "comfortable" for you.

Learn the color coding of story arc vs ancillary/ random missions.

So you can plan out how you pursue rewards, etc.  This will help plant the build and build schedule.

I have to be casual. I didn't learn about color coding until very recently

4 hours ago, FFFF said:

Welcome. The game was designed to be casual friendly - play a few minutes or a few hours. There's no prize for going fast, so the pace you play at is just fine.

You'll have questions and the vets here and in game are pretty helpful. Just ask away.

I have seen a few in game

8 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

He's playing a blaster not a troller 🤣

1 hour ago, Mozie said:

What does Redside mean

City of Villains. When you create your character, create it as a villain. You can switch a character from blue to red (hero to villain) but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd strongly advise you to start a new character and begin on Villain side.

The Red/Blue thing is because those are the colours used in game. Red = villains, Blue = Heroes and there's also Gold which is Praetoria - an expansion that came later in the game and is aimed at more experienced players.

you've probably noticed that like most small communities we have our own vernacular and lingo that it make take you a moment to grasp but don't fret. The only people who might criticize you for asking what "Kings Row" or what Faultline might actually mean are assholes. Historically one of the great things about this game is the welcoming community. The Wil Wheaton rule is strong here.

My global is @Riff - I'm not often in game these days but you can reach me here, or in a PM here or in game if you see me on.

11 hours ago, Mozie said:

I have to be casual. I didn't learn about color coding until very recently

It's one of those things.  I had never noticed it initially.

I was trying to push a toon through content I was familiar with and noticed the change a while back.

9 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

He's playing a blaster not a troller 🤣

City of Villains. When you create your character, create it as a villain. You can switch a character from blue to red (hero to villain) but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd strongly advise you to start a new character and begin on Villain side.

The Red/Blue thing is because those are the colours used in game. Red = villains, Blue = Heroes and there's also Gold which is Praetoria - an expansion that came later in the game and is aimed at more experienced players.

you've probably noticed that like most small communities we have our own vernacular and lingo that it make take you a moment to grasp but don't fret. The only people who might criticize you for asking what "Kings Row" or what Faultline might actually mean are assholes. Historically one of the great things about this game is the welcoming community. The Wil Wheaton rule is strong here.

My global is @Riff - I'm not often in game these days but you can reach me here, or in a PM here or in game if you see me on.

I'm going to have a lot of characters before the end of the year but that's a good thing. I do like how welcoming this community has been. It's a nice change from other gaming communities.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

It's one of those things.  I had never noticed it initially.

I was trying to push a toon through content I was familiar with and noticed the change a while back.

This is recent? Is this a way to replace the dlc's?

3 hours ago, Mozie said:

I'm going to have a lot of characters before the end of the year but that's a good thing. I do like how welcoming this community has been. It's a nice change from other gaming communities.

This game certainly encourages altitis! It's one of its strengths.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mozie said:

This is recent? Is this a way to replace the dlc's?

It's just a way of priotirizing your time investment.
Especially if you are pursuing badges.  You want to badges for whacking praetorians villains.
Not burning a couple days going "completionist" on every mission the contact offers/

On 9/8/2024 at 1:15 AM, Mozie said:

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I really don't know where his goes. 

So I'm sort of new to this game. I've played for two months and currently at level 8 I know it's not great but I do have a job. I never had the chance to play the original game and none of my friends aren't interested so I've soloed it so far which is fine. 

I don't know what else to say except you can find me on Excelsior. My only character right now is called Platimum Titan. I misspelled it on purpose. 

Yeah dude, welcome!

This is probably one of the best MMO communities around.

(still fairly new myself, only been here since Feb)

As for the game itself.... It's still pretty addicting for its age.

Have fun! I hear Excelsior is a packed server so if you wanna get on a team should be pretty easy, but soloing is still a thing alot of people do.

Hello new guy. 

My best advice - FLEE! FLEE WHILE YOU CAN! SAVE YOURSELF!

My second best advice - watch out for Nosferatu’s here on the forums, for they can be a bit Snarky.

In seriousness, welcome. We are a crazy bunch.

Welcome to game. There is 20 years of content to catch up on so don’t worry if you only made it to level 8. 🙂 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

9 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

It's just a way of priotirizing your time investment.
Especially if you are pursuing badges.  You want to badges for whacking praetorians villains.
Not burning a couple days going "completionist" on every mission the contact offers/

That;s not a bad idea. I wish more games had a feature like that

6 hours ago, WuTang said:

Yeah dude, welcome!

This is probably one of the best MMO communities around.

(still fairly new myself, only been here since Feb)

As for the game itself.... It's still pretty addicting for its age.

Have fun! I hear Excelsior is a packed server so if you wanna get on a team should be pretty easy, but soloing is still a thing alot of people do.

Excelsior is always crowded. That what makes this game fun. I only play two other games that is as populated as this one.