Aggravated

Gravitus

1 minute ago, shortguy on indom said:
  • TAKE AN ALL GROUP FLY TEAM...
  • THEN IF EVERYONE ALSO HAS GROUP TP ...
  • AND FINALLLY REQUIRE ...FOLD SPACE.

DOES SOUND FUN!!!

Only if it's a team of Peacebringers and Energy/Energy Blasters. 😁

• Haha 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

This makes very little sense.

Why should one player on a team that isn't the team leader be able to stop another player from using a power at all?

And a team leader can only stop a player from using a power on a team by kicking them from the team.

Null the Gull doesn't stop other players from using Group Fly, Team Teleport, and speed buffs, it just stops them from affecting your character.

Seems easy enough just to leave.

If you are seeing Fold Space so much, I have to ask .... "are you only playing the end-game"?

It was rhetorical.  My point is that I find Fold Space just as obnoxious as others find Group Fly.  Yet it has become so prevalent in game play that my only recourse to avoid it is to only play on Homecoming a fraction of the time that I used to.  Yet for those who find Group Fly obnoxious, they have a simple method to disable it... yet many people refuse to do so.  Instead, they'd rather rage, complain, and/or kick people.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Finland 1

32 minutes ago, Tax E said:

image.thumb.png.379dfe01b3d0939116df44676bcabc87.png

I see your Spoc and raise you a Picard.  Like Picard, if there is way to let both sides have what they want, that's the correct choice. 

Lt. Cmdr. Data: Would you choose one life over one thousand, sir?

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I refuse to let arithmetic decide questions like that.

25 minutes ago, Gravitus said:

I see your Spoc and raise you a Picard.  Like Picard, if there is way to let both sides have what they want, that's the correct choice. 

Picard would have compromised and turned off Group Flight.  Easy decision too.  

Edited by Wobegone
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Gravitus said:

Lt. Cmdr. Data: Would you choose one life over one thousand, sir?

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I refuse to let arithmetic decide questions like that.

Just pointing out that all iterations of Star Trek are entirely fictional and designed to promote thought and philosophical debate about deep and serious issues.

The main point under discussion here is about how to play a game which is hardly in the same league

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

9 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Just pointing out that all iterations of Star Trek are entirely fictional and designed to promote thought and philosophical debate about deep and serious issues.

The main point under discussion here is about how to play a game which is hardly in the same league

Sigh ok...one last post.

Does that just apply to me or the guy who initially used Star Trek to make his point against mine? 

I'm aware the purpose of Star Trek, but if someone is going to use ST in their logic, I'm just going to match the energy. I thought that would have been obvious. 

Edited by Gravitus

14 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I thoight a couple of those star trek shows were just to promote large chested women in catsuits…. 7of9/T’Pol etc

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Back to OP:  you may not be aware of this but you can literally resummon your pets every five seconds.  So if you aren’t using group fly to keep your personal experience at tip top, your team experience should be very similar in terms of what you are contributing 

it's a bit longer than 5 seconds. Summon pets, equipping pets, and then buffing is more in the neighborhood of 10-15 seconds or even longer depending on how much fire you're under (because you may have to prioritize survival or buffing allies) OR you can't see anything because of the light show coming from 7 other people popping off powers.

Edited by Gravitus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gravitus said:

it's a bit longer than 5 seconds. Summon pets, equipping pets, and then buffing is more in the neighborhood of 10-15 seconds or even longer depending on how much fire you're under (because you may have to prioritize survival or buffing allies) OR you can't see anything because of the light show coming from 7 other people popping off powers.

Oddly enough, it consistently takes my MMs the longest to summon and rebuff their 'bots whenever Group Fly is toggled on.
Both Equip Robot and Upgrade Robot only successfully cast whenever you're targeting a henchman that has its feet firmly planted on the ground.

It's one of my few remaining bugbears about Robotics MM gameplay (although these days due to powercreep it's rare that I lose a henchie even in the midst of AE Farming permaspam...)

29 minutes ago, Gravitus said:

Sigh ok...one last post.

Does that just apply to me or the guy who initially used Star Trek to make his point against mine? 

I'm aware the purpose of Star Trek, but if someone is going to use ST in their logic, I'm just going to match the energy. I thought that would have been obvious. 

Had I remembered the thinness of your dermis I would have remembered to poke all references to Trek wheree're they came. Instead I shall simply congratulate you on attaining the elevated persecution complex.

25 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I thoight a couple of those star trek shows were just to promote large chested women in catsuits…. 7of9/T’Pol etc

Geh zurück in deinen Sarg, du untoter Perverser!

• Haha 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

13 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Had I remembered the thinness of your dermis I would have remembered to poke all references to Trek wheree're they came. Instead I shall simply congratulate you on attaining the elevated persecution complex.

Geh zurück in deinen Sarg, du untoter Perverser!

Just asking you to stay logically consistent instead of having your bias make decisions for you. Have a great day homie. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1