Set up a Kheldian embassy/cultural center.

Yeah, this is for lore folks like me.

Much of the rest of the game's lore can be learned through missions, dialog, NPC bios, badges and the like. But the Kheldians have a bunch that is buried or not seen in game - and their arcs by default are Kheld-only (though IIRC they can now be ouro'd by anyone.)

Well, Sunstorm's been standing in Atlas for decades now, the PPD have Awakened the public would see, and while by the end of the Kheld arcs the Nictus threat is gone from the here and now, that's also not really expressed in game (especially with new, more powerful Council enemies.) Plus, Earth is home for many Kheldians.

So why not give them an embassy and cultural center / museum somewhere? Probably Kallisti, honestly, just to avoid uprooting something else.

Inside, aside from plaques and such (or holographic displays, we've got the Prae terminals after all,) it would - for those interested in reading (or probably getting a badge) go through the whole "This is the Kheld homeworld, this is their history before the Nictus, this is the schism where their leaders turned into the Nictus and the Peacebringers started fighting them, here are some other races they've met" and so forth - they *did* collect artifacts, after all.

Yes, some of the art and such would take dev (artist) time to create, same with any representations of other races (aside from the Novas/Dwarves) but it might be an interesting little "museum," and a nice way to present more of what Khelds are.

And since it would also be an embassy, it could be a source for some new contacts and Kheld and Kheld-adjacent missions - preferably with a wide level range. These can touch on anything from something being stolen (from an artifact to a current list of Kheldians and their hosts) to investigating Nictus and Nictus-adjacent enemies - both some one-offs (like the radio and contacts like Meg Mason) and actual arcs.

(And before anyone asks "why not something like that for the other epic, the Veats?" well... their lore is Arachnos lore, and that's pretty much all out in the open already. And for an embassy, I'd kind of expect all Arachnos soldiers, weapons and bases to have to be pulled from Atlas and Faultline, for starters, and Longbow removed from Mercy and Nerva... it's a lot of rewriting for not necessarily much new.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I would be all for the embassy idea that could show off images/concepts of the Khelda and the other alien life forms that the Peacebringers may of met and allied with, alongside some more cannon lore or certain events such as how Peacebringers found earth, how they travel through space, and what caused some of the Kheldians of the past to turn to dark science 💛

Hell if they can add the cannon Rikti Homeworld that you can see from space on the Advanced LGTF at least let us see a hologram of our homeworld 😄

• Like 2

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

Great idea!  Putting it in Khalisti Wharf would allow both red and blue access.  I'd like to suggest because of it, that we be given a special task/strike force or trial to go along with it.  Something both sides can run together, and perhaps make it a simulation within the museum.  Some scenario like "this is one of the extreme moments in Kheldian history.  How might you have survived it?"  That could fit well, IMHO, with the ever-hungry desire for endgame material.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i like this for the potential it has to interest players in Kheldians that may have otherwise been unaware of how interesting their narrative is. the mechanics for Kheldians can sometimes dissuade people from experimenting with the AT.

• Like 1

g_d's lil' monster ❤️

12 hours ago, Greycat said:

(though IIRC they can now be ouro'd by anyone.)

Sadly (or not) they can only done through ouro by kheldians. 

Unless there's some specific alignment, like you have to be a hero, as opposed to a vigilante. But nothing else works like that, so I'm thinking it's not the case.