Pylon Damage Thread....for MM!

BGSacho

Hello all - time for another theorycrafting session! Inspired by the scrapper thread and Dixa's videos, I also decided to try my hand at theorycrafted DPS.

Here's how you can do it as well:

- Enable Window - Chat - Chat Logging. This is much easier than timers or whatever.

- (Optional) Download the excellent SNBR damage meter(

) to drill down in the DPS numbers.

The first build I'm trying out is Thugs/Traps. The goals of the build are as follows:

- softcap positional def(yet to be achieved)

- max s/l res

- dps dps dps

The build may look a bit janky in certain places because I got tired of theorycrafting the defenses and just wanted to go out and see the DPS. My primary interest was checking how useful procs are in a "realistic" setting. The lack of 20' auras is intentional - I don't like how small they are so I was trying out a build without them

Here's the build - it uses Mids Reborn(there's a pinned link in the Homecoming Discord - #at-build-general), so you might need that instead of Pines or old Mids to open it.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Thugs

Secondary Power Set: Traps

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Medicine

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Call Thugs -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc(3), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(7), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(7), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(9)

Level 1: Web Grenade -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 2: Caltrops -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(9)

Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)

Level 8: Aid Other -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(42)

Level 10: Acid Mortar -- ShlBrk-%Dam(A), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(11), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(43)

Level 12: Call Enforcer -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)

Level 14: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(15)

Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)

Level 18: Aid Self -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(19)

Level 20: Poison Trap -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Rchg/Hold(27), Lck-Acc/Rchg(27), Lck-Acc/Hold(29)

Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 24: Gang War -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31), SvrRgh-PetResDam(31), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)

Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpStr-Dam%(34), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), SlbAll-Build%(31)

Level 28: Seeker Drones -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(42), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(42), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(43)

Level 30: Tough -- EndRdx-I(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(40), StdPrt-ResKB(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)

Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 35: Trip Mine -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Erd-Dmg(36), Erd-Acc/Rchg(36), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(37), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)

Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def(39)

Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)

Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(48), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(48), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(50), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(50), TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(50)

Level 47: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 49: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(23), PrfShf-EndMod(48)

Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon

Level 50: Support Core Embodiment

Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany

Level 50: Degenerative Total Core Conversion

------------

And the results after 1 try:

The fight was pretty hectic without provoke/taunt aura(I actually meant to test Melee taunt aura here but forgot to switch incarnates..) The pylon kept knocking back the bruiser(probably lowered his dps significantly), and killed a bunch of thugs/enforcers. I think this will go much smoother next time with some tankerminding. Due to the hectic nature I didn't manage to get off as many trip mines as I would want to.

Kill Time - 124 seconds (437 "raw dps" as per the pylon thread).

Damage analysis from SNBR(rounded, so don't be surprised if they don't add up exactly)

Bruiser: 7000 (56 dps, 26% of total damage)

Enforcer 2: 4930 (40 dps, 18% of total damage)

Enforcer 1: 4181 (34 dps, 15% of total damage)

Punk 1: 3070 (25 dps, 11% of total damage) - what an overperformer

Arsonist: 2670 (21 dps, 10% of total damage) - :( he died too much, I think

Punk 2: 2030 (16 dps, 7.5% of total damage)

Posse: 1320 (10 dps, 5% of total damage) - this isn't really fair to them, I summoned them and they got almost immediately wiped out by the pylon

Trip Mine: 1340 (11 dps, 5% of total damage) - like I said, fight was very chaotic so I barely got 3 trip mines off.

Acid Mortar: 631 (5 dps, 2.5% of total damage)

If you add up the damage it ends up at 27000 - the other 3k missing is from the degenerative interface - yeah, that's how strong it is, 10% of total damage! Actual DPS is ~220 - the lack of regen due to poison trap accounts for another 100 "dps".

Bruiser

The clear champion of the pack - I am very happy with his slotted performance. The Build Up procs all the time - his average Knockout Blow hit is 600(!!). The Explosive Strike proc accounts for 15% of his damage - worth the slot, IMO.

Enforcer

Very happy with the proc performance on these guys. The single proc accounts for 25% of their damage, and you can also add Shield Breaker. It's worth rethinking the slotting to maybe add a second proc.

Thugs

The thugs' and posse performance is to be determined, since they were dying a bit too much in this attempt.

Acid Mortar

I am a bit disappointed in the Acid Mortar - I slotted it with 2 damage procs which I'm not sure is worth it.  My plan here was to see if slotting procs into Traps' pseudo pet was worth it, and IMO, the verdict is no. I might keep the Shield Breaker proc simply because it's part of the set.

I'll be trying out more setups when I get the chance. Here's my current list:

- Thugs/Traps but with a tankermind setup and clarion

- Thugs/Dark restankermind with clarion - is straight up OP healing better than tanky pets?

- Necro/Cold

On a related note... I have been testing incarnates.. specifically "Interface" options finding the Dot is appearing far less than 25% of the time at T2 for Reactive for example and when it does appear, it appears for one tick.  Someone else on the MM Discord also tested theirs (at T4) and had similar results.  During your testing assuming you have Interface ability with a Dot, what rate of appearance did you see the dot, how many ticks did you see, and were their any stacks or overwrites?

I tested out degenerative toxic dot - it's negligible. 21 procs of roughly 12 damage each = 250 damage, so <1% of the total dmg on the pylon. This is with posse proccing it quite a bit(I had a run earlier without posse that had 11 procs).

New run changes - provoke instead of hasten, melee instead of support, clarion instead of barrier. Removed dmg procs from Acid Mortar. Some minor shuffling of slots, most notably adding an extra proc to the enforcers. These runs are way smoother - the pylon targets me 80% of the time(it gets worse when I summon the posse, it's like they taunt it or something), doing absolutely nothing.

I've attached the logs for each run.

Run 1 - 83 seconds - this is in TW/Bio territory 8)

Bruiser - 60 dps - missed one of his knockout blows effectively losing like 8 dps

Enforcers(each) - 45 dps

Punks - 22 dps

Arsonist - 20 dps

Posse - 20 dps

Trip Mine - 17.5 dps

Run 2 - 94 seconds

The start was messy - the pylon turned and oneshot the arsonist and almost killed the bruiser while I was still positioning. This made me forget to drop poison trap at the start and delayed the gang war. Still, the bruiser pulled through.

Bruiser - 82 dps

Enforcers - 50 dps

Punks - 23 dps

Trip Mine - 26 dps

Posse - 19 dps

Arsonist - 16 dps

Run 3 - 87 seconds

Another messy start, the pylon almost oneshot a punk and I derped and tried to resummon him. At least I remembered to drop poison trap and throw posse immediately. This time the posse overperformed - 30 dps. The rest were about in line, punks/mines doing slightly less. Bruiser pulled 70 dps.

Highlight ouchie:

2019-06-30 19:53:49 Bruiser:  Bruiser pulverizes Rikti Pylon with their Knockout Blow for 626.77 points of smashing damage!

thugs_traps_1.zip

thugs_traps_2.zip

thugs_traps_3.zip

• Like 1

Very interested in your feedback of Hybrid Support vs Melee for general play. You switched it up for this run and you felt it was a better choice.... is that solely because of taunt/heal damage on you versus your troops providing more protection than Supports Defense buff... or are there other factors as well?

I have already made the decision that Clarion is a better choice than Barrier by reading in detail the way Barrier works.

I'm not 100% sure melee was useful(compared to support) in terms of keeping the pylon taunted, however, the fights are way too binary to notice support's effectiveness. My thugs are already softcapped even without support(+def in the enforcers). The /traps rotation is pretty tight - I was spamming provoke/grenade/trap almost all the time, so having to spend time healing individual goons really messes with your flow. Meanwhile, if the pylon focuses me, the damage is just laughable. So in the end anything that forces the pylon to spend more time on me and less time on the goons is good.

I plan to try out thugs/dark with support and a properly slotted provoke to see if there's any noticable difference. Dark's big benefit is that the heal is aoe, and the rotation is much less busy(no 5s trap mines to cast..)

Did a few runs with Thugs/Dark. Musculature(33%), Support, Degen, Clarion. The slotting is here:

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Thugs

Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Presence

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Fighting

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Call Thugs -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(7), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(9), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(9), ExpStr-Dam%(11), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(11)

Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- CldSns-%Dam(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(3), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(3), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(5), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(5)

Level 2: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 4: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A), Empty(7)

Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15)

Level 10: Howling Twilight -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(17), AbsAmz-Stun(17), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(19), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(19), RechRdx-I(21)

Level 12: Call Enforcer -- HO:Cyto(A), Empty(13), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(23), AchHee-ResDeb%(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(25)

Level 14: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(33)

Level 16: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(34)

Level 18: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), RctArm-ResDam(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)

Level 20: Gang War -- EdcoftheM-PetDef(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(31), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)

Level 22: Fearsome Stare -- GlmoftheA-Dam%(A), CldSns-%Dam(23), UnsTrr-Stun%(43), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(46), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(48)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)

Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), SlbAll-Dmg(40), SlbAll-Build%(42)

Level 28: Dual Wield -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48)

Level 30: Boxing -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), StdPrt-ResKB(50)

Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36)

Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(40), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40)

Level 41: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)

Level 47: Super Speed -- Empty(A)

Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)

Level 50: Support Core Embodiment

Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon

------------

Notes on the slotting:

Enforcer empty slot is Shield Breaker. Enforcer slotting continues to be a problem. At least with Traps I could slot Achilles Heel into Acid Mortar and maybe just give up on slotting it in the enforcers - here it's mandatory. There's just no way to achieve everything I want from them - maxed +def, maxed +damage, at least some -end - in just 3 slots. Still needs work.

I'm quite happy with the rest of the slotting in Thugs/Gang War/Bruiser. They're missing the small +def aura but there's options to fit it in if I really find it useful.

The build itself reaches some decent defensive stats without trying too hard. Basically max S/L res, 60% neg, 35% energy, 30% toxic/psionic, and 30-ish s/l/melee def. With the amount of -tohit it has you can tank the initial salvo and then floor the enemy's to-hit. It definitely relies on its debuffs for tankiness though - it's not like /traps which was almost-softcap def and cap s/l res.

There's some test slotting going on as well. I wanted to see if adding an MM attack was worth it, so I slotted dual wield. The damage is actually quite decent, but there's realistically no time to cast it, since you want to rotate provoke/twilight's grasp constantly, and cast whatever else is off cd(fearsome stare, tar patch, howling twilight). Verdict is that the slots are better used elsewhere.

This build is very endurance hungry compared to traps. Traps could barely even move its end bar, with this one I had to use blue insps. Definitely something to keep in mind when putting it together.

Provoke worked out OK without melee, but I had to spam it, so I think it's worth 6-slotting with the damage proc just to squeeze out some extra DPS out of it.

The healing on Twilight's Grasp is, as expected, quite insane, and almost completely pointless vs the Rikti Pylon. It will either oneshot your minions, or never have a chance to kill them as you fullheal them every 4 seconds. However, I was spamming it on CD to stack -regen.

I didn't notice a significant difference between the performance of enforcers + tar patch and enforcers + acid mortar in terms of -res. There were clearly moments where I had 2 tar patches down + an achilles proc, and damage briefly went up through the roof. I had those moments with /traps as well.

I experimented a bit whether the stacked -damage from two darkest nights was enough to "tame" the pylon into not oneshotting pets. The results were somewhat encouraging - a full salvo hitting a Punk would deal roughly about 300 damage(half his HP), which you can immediately heal up with your twilight's grasp spam. However, higher damage mobs/mobs that resist debuffs will still be a danger, so you want to be the one taking the hits.

I did a few test runs and was seeing some very weird results - pylons dying much earlier than they should(total damage == 21k). Finally, my latest run seems "normal". Punks and Enforcers are combined now.

Kill Time - 90 seconds.

Enforcers - 90 dps

Bruiser - 74 dps

Punks - 61 dps

Posse - 50 dps(!)

Self - 27.5 dps

Arsonist - 25 dps

Dark Servant - 12 dps

These numbers are familiar, they are very similar to /traps, except for two points - the punks and posse overperforming significantly. I think this is partly due to the new slotting, and partly due to no posse members dying from stray shots, thanks to the healing spam from me and fluffy. Looking from a long-term perspective though, higher DPS on punks/posse is not what you want, since those minions get their damage nerfed significantly in +X content. Oh well.

The dark servant performs admirably - the 12 dps is almost entirely from the Cloud Senses proc. My dps is mostly the double procs from Twilight's Grasp, and some damage from dual wields I managed to sneak in.

Total damage done is 28200, which is a bit surprising. I could clearly see the Rikti Pylon regenerating during the fight. The whole point of trying out /dark vs /traps was to see how badly the regen would affect it, and the results are inconclusive so far.

A few more tests here, and I'll move on to Necro/Cold. Then it's time to try out all of these builds vs some AVs and die horribly  ;D

thugs_dark_1.zip

• Like 1

I tested out degenerative toxic dot - it's negligible. 21 procs of roughly 12 damage each = 250 damage, so <1% of the total dmg on the pylon. This is with posse proccing it quite a bit(I had a run earlier without posse that had 11 procs).

New run changes - provoke instead of hasten, melee instead of support, clarion instead of barrier. Removed dmg procs from Acid Mortar. Some minor shuffling of slots, most notably adding an extra proc to the enforcers. These runs are way smoother - the pylon targets me 80% of the time(it gets worse when I summon the posse, it's like they taunt it or something), doing absolutely nothing.

Bruiser - 60 dps - missed one of his knockout blows effectively losing like 8 dps

Enforcers(each) - 45 dps

Punks - 22 dps

Arsonist - 20 dps

Posse - 20 dps

Trip Mine - 17.5 dps

Run 2 - 94 seconds

The start was messy - the pylon turned and oneshot the arsonist and almost killed the bruiser while I was still positioning. This made me forget to drop poison trap at the start and delayed the gang war. Still, the bruiser pulled through.

Bruiser - 82 dps

Enforcers - 50 dps

Punks - 23 dps

Trip Mine - 26 dps

Posse - 19 dps

Arsonist - 16 dps

Run 3 - 87 seconds

Another messy start, the pylon almost oneshot a punk and I derped and tried to resummon him. At least I remembered to drop poison trap and throw posse immediately. This time the posse overperformed - 30 dps. The rest were about in line, punks/mines doing slightly less. Bruiser pulled 70 dps.

Highlight ouchie:

2019-06-30 19:53:49 Bruiser:  Bruiser pulverizes Rikti Pylon with their Knockout Blow for 626.77 points of smashing damage!

Degen on thugs/traps?  you already shut off all regen with poison trap, better to use a diff interface imo.

Enforcers(each) - 45 dps

Punks - 22 dps

Arsonist - 20 dps

Posse - 20 dps

Trip Mine - 17.5 dps

Run 2 - 94 seconds

Bruiser - 82 dps

Enforcers - 50 dps

Punks - 23 dps

Trip Mine - 26 dps

Posse - 19 dps

Arsonist - 16 dps

Run 3 - 87 seconds

Highlight ouchie:

what proc did you replace achilles heel with in enforcers?

Mercs/Storm, 136s for 409.75dps. SNBR is pretty neat, it's nice seeing the dps/stats. It's a little buggy though. I couldn't click the Commando to see his attack stats and when I click the Medic, it showed Tornado info.

Thank you for posting this.  What Tier is your Reactive?

Thank you for posting this.  What Tier is your Reactive?

Wow, that's pretty impressive from the "worst" DPS primary - pulling the same numbers as thugs! That reactive dot is quite strong, is it the core or the radial?

T4 Reactive Radial. Also T4 Musculature Radial. Pets are slotted with damage procs:

Soldiers: Lady Grey, Shield Breaker, Soulbound

Spec-Ops: Achilles, Lady Grey, Shield Breaker

Commando: Explosive Strike

Mercs/Storm, 136s for 409.75dps. SNBR is pretty neat, it's nice seeing the dps/stats. It's a little buggy though. I couldn't click the Commando to see his attack stats and when I click the Medic, it showed Tornado info.

nice.

and ffs get obs. it's free.

Would anyone be interested in testing Beast Mastery? I'm curious how it stacks up since it's considered "bad" by MM standards.

Beasts would probably do quite well vs a pylon because it's a stationary target. The T1/T2 pets, without any ranged attacks, often have trouble killing a fleeing enemy. I made a video:

My character has Brawl on auto and set to follow a Freak, Lion is set to attack my target. There's a 10 second period we're chasing but not getting any attacks off. Even though hero/pet move faster than the Freak, they tail behind, just out of melee attack range. Other MM pets, will cycle through their powers while chasing and use a ranged attack when it's charged.

The 10 second chase in the video is excessive but it's not uncommon to see Beasts chase for 2-5 seconds, several times per enemy. I've put Beasts on aggressive and sent them into a group of enemies, 3-5 levels lower than my pets. Watching them run around was frustrating. Especially knowing if it were any other MM primary, their targets would have been dead in a fraction of the time.

The next Freak in the video runs past a barricade and the Lion gets stuck there for 10 seconds. Other MM primary would have switched to ranged attacks. If the Beasts AI could be tweaked a bit and/or increase the range of their attacks by 1-2', it would be a big improvement.

Mind linking that Merc/Storm build you used for the testing?  Been wanting to try and MM!

Sorry, I'm not posting my builds anymore. Last one I posted, someone used it, didn't say thanks/didn't give credit. I made a snarky remark about stealing my build and got berated saying I can't read and says he got the build on another forum. It's too bad too because several people have been asking me for my Scrapper/Stalker/MM builds which I would have shared before, but decline now.

If you post a build, I'll give advice/critique it.

• Sad 1

Would anyone be interested in testing Beast Mastery? I'm curious how it stacks up since it's considered "bad" by MM standards.

it's been tested and it's not so hot, especially when the pets all stop to howl. the big wolf has a tendency to get stuck in ragdoll animation with the pylon blasts it back too.

Sorry, I'm not posting my builds anymore. Last one I posted, someone used it, didn't say thanks/didn't give credit. I made a snarky remark about stealing my build and got berated saying I can't read and says he got the build on another forum. It's too bad too because several people have been asking me for my Scrapper/Stalker/MM builds which I would have shared before, but decline now.

If you post a build, I'll give advice/critique it.

yeah, i'm done with reddit as well not to mention all of the pm's I get here for builds already on the forums.

can't wait until the ADD morons start 'naming' their builds in order to gain youtube fame or some shit.

Degen was established on the old pylon thread to be the best overall for dropping a tough target. back then the dot from reactive did good damage.

in i24 the dot damage was nerfed hard for all of the powers, making Degen the best overall now. it makes a MASSIVE dent in your kill times.