Entropic Aura's Recharge Bonus (Non-Stalker version) is Bugged.

Solarverse

I have tested this and it is extremely easy to replicate. Stand around a mob of 4, you will get your normal 5% bonus, then you will get an unusual bonus percentage on top of your 3.50% that you normally get per NPC.

Each NPC grants 3.50%, so it should look like this...

(5.00%) + (3.50% x 4) = 19.00%

What I am seeing instead is...

(5.00%) + (3.50% x 5) = 22.50%

Remember, there are only 4 NPC's in this test...so where is that 5th numeral coming from?

Now, that's not all...this is the constant bug that persists. Now, let's add in this approximately every 15 second, for 2 to 4 seconds long each time. Remember, there are only 4 NPC's near my character.

(5.00%) + (3.50% x 10) = 40.00%

There is something VERY wrong with how Entropic Aura works. I almost hate reporting this bug, because it works to my advantage, however, it's still wrong.

Entropic Aura is counting yourself as a target. You can see it on City of Data as this line "Entities affected Caster,Foe". All other taunt toggles that give a bonus for enemies in range all just say Foe. This means at all times while Entropic Aura is on, you should have 8.5% +Recharge, regardless if any enemies are around. I just went on Justin and tested this and that was the case.

Surrounded by 4 enemies, I never see my total Recharge Time Bonus change from 22.5%. I see the actual individual 3.5% Recharge lines occasionally double (as well as the Icons in my buff bar) as they as replace themselves, but my monitored recharge bonus never actually changes as if I'm benefiting from them. That makes me pretty sure it's just a display issue.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

Entropic Aura is counting yourself as a target. You can see it on City of Data as this line "Entities affected Caster,Foe". All other taunt toggles that give a bonus for enemies in range all just say Foe. This means at all times while Entropic Aura is on, you should have 8.5% +Recharge, regardless if any enemies are around. I just went on Justin and tested this and that was the case.

Surrounded by 4 enemies, I never see my total Recharge Time Bonus change from 22.5%. I see the actual individual 3.5% Recharge lines occasionally double (as well as the Icons in my buff bar) as they as replace themselves, but my monitored recharge bonus never actually changes as if I'm benefiting from them. That makes me pretty sure it's just a display issue.

Good investigating. So it's a display bug rather than a mechanic bug.

That makes me pretty sure it's just a display issue.

Does this also include the stats window that shows the percentages? I'm seeing it there as well.

Yes, I was monitoring it in the combat attributes window, and I set the recharge bonus as a stat to monitor, just in case the two were ever different. While the individual 3.5% lines would occasionally double to 7%, and the buff icons would jump from 5 to 9 every 2 seconds, the total bonus stayed static at 22.5%.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

That makes me pretty sure it's just a display issue.

Does this also include the stats window that shows the percentages? I'm seeing it there as well.

Yes, I was monitoring it in the combat attributes window, and I set the recharge bonus as a stat to monitor, just in case the two were ever different. While the individual 3.5% lines would occasionally double to 7%, and the buff icons would jump from 5 to 9 every 2 seconds, the total bonus stayed static at 22.5%.

Good deal, thank you.