help with some lore info

ive tried paragon wiki but i cant seem to get any info on these two things, maybe one of you can get me some links...

1.the lanaru task force(mostly npc information..backround lore and such)

2.the mission..*the strange case of Dr. Stephen Fayte*( i based my toon off him/story and need some info on it)

thanks for any help in advance.

While I am happy to help with lore your Qs are still quite broad and dont really help me zero in very well.

The shadow shard is basically a magical prison constructed by the midnighters lead by the Dream Doctor to contain the Ruluruu. Basically an interdimensional version of Galactus.

Some Rumors from the possibly totally BS leaked bits of the maybe Lore Bible claim some stuff most of us dismiss as it tends to not really jive with in game canon. So we tend to treat that leak as bad fanfic more then anything else.

What we do know from actual in game material, He has devoured thousands of dimensions for who knows how long. He is worshipped by a cult called the Rulushin. You can encounter them and learn abit about it all running the sig arc series that begins in skyway with theoden.

In general for mystical groups to research for the good/neutral types we have the Midnighters. For the nuetral/evil types we have the Circle of Thorns, and the Tsoo. For full on evil we have the skulls, the hellions both low teir culty dabblers in magic sorts. then we have groups like the Mu types found in arachnos, several magical monster groups like the coralax and the banished Pantheon.

Tilekku was the goddess that first learned how to wield magic, she and the other gods used this to basically bribe humanity into mass worship by bestowing power upon them. One of her lesser god disciples Ermeeth felt this was wrong and betrayed the gods to teach mankind how to learn and use magic without the need for gods.

This lead to the ancient war between Mu and Orenbega. Forced the Orenbegans to make pacts with demonkind to not be wiped out by Mu and the gods, and lead them down the dark path we now see today as the Circle of Thorns, and why I describe them as neutral to evil, as we do see a few hints in game of some of the old souls not totally forgetting the reasons they fought and took the pact in the first place.

The info we have on Rularuu is scarce. An early version of the CoH Lore bible is available, but a lot of the info in it is doesn’t jibe with what’s in the game. For example, according to the lore bible, an artifact called the Dagger of Jocas was used to shave off a tiny portion of the dimensional essence of Paragon City and all its inhabitants, creating a barely substantial “shadow” copy of the city. (Hence the name Shadow Shard.) Rularuu was then trapped in this copy, though the Bible is vague as to how. However, in-game, Dream Doctor claims to have simply stabbed Rularuu with the Dagger, intending to destroy him, but outside sabotage made that only trap Rularuu in the Shadow Shard. And there’s no explanation of where the Shard came from, either. The Lore bible also describes the Shard as being like a city with otherworldly, physics-defying architecture, inhabited by humans that have been genetically modified by Rularuu into scientists and wizards. However, in the game the Shard is just a collection of floating rocks, and the humans there are pretty much tribal; although the former inconsistency could be attributed to the actions of Lanaru, whom the bible doesn’t talk about much.

2.the mission..*the strange case of Dr. Stephen Fayte*( i based my toon off him/story and need some info on it)

You likely have as much info about him as the rest of us, i.e. that he is merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more.

Personally, I'd make him a completely non-magical Scrapper, load him up with everything in the Medicine pool, and advertise him as a healer.

You likely have as much info about him as the rest of us, i.e. that he is merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more.

Personally, I'd make him a completely non-magical Scrapper, load him up with everything in the Medicine pool, and advertise him as a healer.

I'm not sure about this idea. Scrappers have fighting skills, unlike Stephen Fayte, who is merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more.

I'm not sure about this idea. Scrappers have fighting skills, unlike Stephen Fayte, who is merely a gifted surgeon, and nothing more.

Well, he wants the world to think he is nothing more than a gifted surgeon...I imagine, he's a little more fun at parties than the scant info given let's on...

"So Stephen, what do you do for fun"..."I am merely a gifted surgeon, nothing else"

"Well, what did you do for fun as a kid"..."Pretended to be a gifted surgeon...nothing else"

"Favorite Movie?"..."The Good Doctor"

"Well that's more a tv show, then a movie"..."What do I know?  Only that I am a gifted surgeon"

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting