AE farms

Almafeta

I take it they mean in the sense of how you might "fix" your pet. ;)

Quite a few people hate AE with a passion. These are not the people who should have a say in how the feature is managed, because they do not and will not use it.

Unless they're running their own server for like-minded people only, of course. :)

I couldn't care less if others are playing the game through AE and may even do some of it myself. But even if I don't, what they do does not impact my enjoyment of this game. So, the real question is why? Why remove fix something that really has no impact of most of the players?

AE is great, an awesome creative tool, but the way people use it does kinda ruin it for others.

Instead of exploring all the content the game has to offer a handful of players chose to fight the same faction of enemies over and over to get to max level as soon as possible.

That in itself is fine but forming teams on Everlasting has been quite hard when 90% of the players want to do nothing but AE farms, and we thought that was going to be the RP server. Took me around 90 minutes to set up a positron P1 tf yesterday on prime time.

I'm actually quite glad AE is getting nerfed, i dont think it should be disabled at all as player created story arcs are nothing short of amazing.

Just... so much more content in this game other than AE farm maps v:

There's an announcement up that they had to temporarily reduce AE xp because of stability issues.  They are hoping it will encourage people to run a little less AE for a while.  Purely a tech issue, not a moral judgement.

People play different ways. NCSoft and Cryptic and even Matt Miller trying so hard to deny the ability to farm was a lost cause - because someone always finds a way. AE farms are obviously popular and what many people want to do. Why deny it? Nobody is forcing you into neither missions or AE. Do what you like.

I might be slightly biased. I enjoy farming. I enjoy farming other players. I enjoy creating farms for other people. I have leveled a dozen or so characters old school. I have no desire to do that again. If farming is fun and keeps me playing, why not? To each their own.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

People play different ways. NCSoft and Cryptic and even Matt Miller trying so hard to deny the ability to farm was a lost cause - because someone always finds a way. AE farms are obviously popular and what many people want to do. Why deny it? Nobody is forcing you into neither missions or AE. Do what you like.

That's not quuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite true. If "everyone" is running AE farms (translation, a good portion of the populace), and someone wants to run a "regular" team... it becomes SUBSTANTIALLY harder to get people for that team if everyone is busy farming. You might as well be playing the game solo, disconnected from the internet. So then you're essentially forced to either join an AE farm if you want to team, or play by yourself.

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea for Devs to tell people how to play, people should be able to play how they want to. But at the same time, if the Devs do want people to play a certain way, or not play a different way, that's why those tools exist in the system, to allow them to encourage or discourage certain playstyles.

In the end, it's their server. You can either follow their rules, or leave, your choice. And now, with the power to make your own server, you have even more choice than you ever had before!

It's a beautiful world we're all living in.

I'm out.

Before AE, it was Portal Corp demon farms, Freakshow farms, Banished Pantheon farms, wolf farms.  Farming has always been a part of the game.  It's human nature, part of what makes a game a game: the object is to achieve certain goals, so people will find the shortest way to get there. 

I learned early on that TFs were almost as efficient at levelling, and made it a lot easier to IO your characters in the end.  Because I ran many TFs I managed to avoid using the auction house almost completely.  In the original game, inf became almost valueless.  Wentworth's broke down at the most expensive items; the PvP defense IO sold for more than the inf cap. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

That's not quuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite true. If "everyone" is running AE farms (translation, a good portion of the populace), and someone wants to run a "regular" team... it becomes SUBSTANTIALLY harder to get people for that team if everyone is busy farming.

This was also an issue with the incarnate content. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

-Play how you want to play

-Let others play how they want to play

Simple

Except we just got an XP reduction on the AE.

The nerfherders seem to have a real saying with the homecoming team. This is unsettling.

Simple

The nerfherders seem to have a real saying with the homecoming team. This is unsettling.

I believe the team really did nerf the XP due to instability. Especially since they said they will give us bonus XP throughout the week. But I have a hard time understanding how we, the players, are calling for nerfs just so that others are forced to play the game how we want to play. It's like we're free from NCsoft but we're still going to destroy the game ourselves.

Simple

I believe the team really did nerf the XP due to instability. Especially since they said they will give us bonus XP throughout the week. But I have a hard time understanding how we, the players, are calling for nerfs just so that others are forced to play the game how we want to play. It's like we're free from NCsoft but we're still going to destroy the game ourselves.

This is how we got i13.

PVP remembers.

Devs listened to every idiot scrapper player who couldn't be bothered to take web grenade or roll a blaster decided that everything should get slowed down to a crawl in a fight (travel suppression), and that squishies shouldn't out-heal a broadsword (heal decay) even if the scrapper was running SOs and the squishy was running a 10 billion inf build (diminishing returns).

I completely understand why they did it, from a server stability standpoint.

However, there will always be those that rush to they finish just to say they have a 50 or for their own fulfillment. Nerfing AE xp will either make it so they try harder with AE or find another way.

However however... until there is a sense of permanence in regards to the servers, the feeling of "oh crap I need to get to 50 so I can do X before it gets wiped/taken down" will be there for most people, which grows the farming base from a small group to a larger one.

And let's face it, even if the people running the servers come out and say they'll never wipe the severs ever again, the sword of Damocles that is NCSoft will always hang over our heads.

However, there will always be those that rush to they finish just to say they have a 50 or for their own fulfillment. Nerfing AE xp will either make it so they try harder with AE or find another way.

However however... until there is a sense of permanence in regards to the servers, the feeling of "oh crap I need to get to 50 so I can do X before it gets wiped/taken down" will be there for most people, which grows the farming base from a small group to a larger one.

And let's face it, even if the people running the servers come out and say they'll never wipe the severs ever again, the sword of Damocles that is NCSoft will always hang over our heads.

But that's ok.

It's a game. This is not a job. You do what makes you happy. Even if it's just farming to 50.

But that's ok.

It's a game. This is not a job. You do what makes you happy. Even if it's just farming to 50.

I agree. I'm not about to tell someone else how to play their game.

Farmers gonna farm. Probably Vets just trying to get their old 50's back. If I had a button to insta 50 the builds I remember(or saved the mids files for) I'd hit it on at least three chars. But for now I'm rediscovering SG basebuilding... its good to be home. <3

Before AE, it was Portal Corp demon farms, Freakshow farms, Banished Pantheon farms, wolf farms.  Farming has always been a part of the game.  It's human nature, part of what makes a game a game: the object is to achieve certain goals, so people will find the shortest way to get there. 

Theres kind of two timelines there.

Before the patch that brought the difficulty settings, people would invite randos all the time, so yes we'd have lv2 new players looking for farms.

After the difficulty settings patch things got different, people didnt need to have full parties to spawn a full group of enemies, so people started charging for slots in their farming teams, and new players not having the inf for that, they'd just do normal parties.

This era had the best balance in my opinion.

But then AE came around and well, no need to go into detail.