Anyone up for helping me make a base (or two - one red - one blue)?

Zep

Or at least help me get the basic rooms down.

I am hoping to make a large very open magic/mystic type for blue and a tech/science wonderland for red. I've briefly looked at some of the guides and seems a bit complicated.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Unless you aren't at all particular, you're usually better off making it yourself since everyone has different tastes and vision and any builder you find is likely going to want to build whatever they want to build, since they don't owe you anything and they don't need you to build stuff since they can make 1000 bases themselves per server.

All you really need is 1 room with workshop items, necessary NPCs and storage.  I used just that till 50 when I figured I'd take a break before farming to decorate my space so I'd be ready to recruit.  After that it's more a question of what you want/like and what your creative vision is.

You also don't need two bases, unless you want two bases.  You can have a purple SG.

You might find someone who wants just to have a really decent challenge to try to make something for someone else, but in generally you're going to have to pick two between fast, cheap and good for any artistic stuff and with only volunteers there's a good 50% or more chance just randomly grabbing whoever will just get bored/abandon whatever they start, which is why you should do it yourself, and if you intend to make something cool eventually anyway, you're going to need the experience to build anything worthwhile.

There are a few builders who will contract a base for inf.

I am not one of them, as I am way too slow at it.

I would say, for a large base, be prepared for some sticker shock.  Base building takes a lot of time and expertise, and serious builders who contract out do take that into account.

If you are not particularly loaded with inf, I would go with klokwerkaos suggestion and dig into it yourself. 

Keep it small, simple, and functional to begin with. 

Set up a functional space that works for basic needs, and a building space to acquaint yourself with the editor. 

Tinker in the building space before embarking on your grand plan. 

By keeping the functional space small, and then building in the background, it will not be so bad when you need to tear it down to incorporate it into your larger plan.

Just doing some math... if you consider that most people that are building bases as a skill set they have developed are already 50, and given how many hours go into a detailed base...

I'm thinking lets say modestly 250 hours for a modest base... and maybe 2 million infamy an hour is fair since they can easily grab that much if they bother to even try playing the game... that's about 500 million infamy for a modest base, not a great one that is amazing and unique that you built yourself for free with your own artistic vision, and double it if you want to make more than 3 changes beyond what you initially ask for, because any experienced designer knows after three changes the client wants to use you as their pencil without having the skills necessary to do it themselves and will generally be a PITA.

I'm guessing that there is a good chance that if you're randomly asking rather than looking at existing base builders and making an offer, you don't have anywhere close to that saved up, nor should you reasonably because who needs that much inf?  That's enough to just flat out buy several sets of whatever without thinking of cost.  I mean maybe you do have that much set aside, but if you do, now you know how to go about finding a reasonable offer for a skilled artist and where to find them.

Thanks for the information.

How does one make a purple base? Just invite red alts?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

How does one make a purple base? Just invite red alts?

Pretty much, yes.  Just use /altinvite Charactername to add them to your roster.

Bases are alignment neutral, so you can have heroes, villies, and even preats (until they have to choose, of course) on the roster.

You can set your porters for all the necessary zones.  Just remember that zones are still alignment focused, so heroes will not see villie zones and visa versa.  Rogues and vigilantes should be able to see all zones.

If you're just wanting to maybe share the functional (not storage) parts of a base, then you can enter into a coalition with someone who has the basics setup.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)