Arctic Air + Times Juncture. at level 8

SmalltalkJava

I’m no controller expert but this synergy so far is pretty Uber.  Two toggle Pbaoe’s with the same radius. Confuse+slows. So far it’s working really well in teams.  I need to find more simple combos like this. Things that fall into line without expensive sets. 

I’m no controller expert but this synergy so far is pretty Uber.  Two toggle Pbaoe’s with the same radius. Confuse+slows. So far it’s working really well in teams.  I need to find more simple combos like this. Things that fall into line without expensive sets.

I've always argued that Ice can be a strong defensive set, more as a debuffing/confusing set, if paired with a -ToHit secondary like Rad, Dark, Time, maybe Nature. Making mobs attack less often, attack each other, and hit less often, while having a heal to fix the small damage that gets through, is as good for defending the team as mezzing everyone.. and a lot easier to manage. But it does lock Ice Controllers into a few secondaries.

/Cold, /FF, and /Sonic can do similar things for the team with team buffs, but it leaves the Controller vulnerable and Arctic Air/Ice Slick will draw a lot of aggro.

Fire/Time is a combo I'm surprised not to see more often. Maybe because of the endurance costs of running two PBAoE toggles. But the two sets compliment each other perfectly, with the huge bonus that Farsight and Time's Juncture will also benefit your Fire Imps.