Possible Bug - Keybinds Save

HawaiiMike

I'm new to the game and didn't see any reporting so I figured I'd put the issue in here.  I've notice that after setting up keybinds for a hero character and then choosing "Save Options to File" that it doesn't work using "Load Options from File" on a new character.  It shows a write message when loading or savings but doesn't seem to actually work.  Not a major issue but just thought I'd list it.

Thanks,

In the meantime, if you want to transfer keybinds between characters you can use:

/bindsavefile my_keys.txt (you can call the file whatever you want)

and

/bindloadfile my_keys.txt

Nuclea - Rad/Rad Defender - Defiant - LoonyToons

I figured this one out!

choosing "Save Options to File" that it doesn't work using "Load Options from File" on a new character.

So that's the wrong command. The "options" are things like profanity filter on or off (but apparently not windowscale 120% grrrrr). The keybinds are a separate save/load. When you're on the keybinds window the options save/load dialog is at the very bottom, but at the TOP there's another save/load button area and that's for your keybinds.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I figured this one out!

choosing "Save Options to File" that it doesn't work using "Load Options from File" on a new character.

So that's the wrong command. The "options" are things like profanity filter on or off (but apparently not windowscale 120% grrrrr). The keybinds are a separate save/load. When you're on the keybinds window the options save/load dialog is at the very bottom, but at the TOP there's another save/load button area and that's for your keybinds.

That was so obvious but I missed it completely.  My eyes stuck to the bottom of the dialog.  Thanks for the help.

Happy to help! It took me making 8 characters before I realized what I was doing wrong too!

I love this game but holy shit I have serious complaints about some of the UI elements it does in a nonstandard way now that I'm looking at it with fresh eyes. This is absolutely not our fault the commands are essentially buried above our eyeline.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Yeah, there's like 4-6 "Save File" buttons in the options menu. It took me a few alts to realize the game was also auto-loading them onto a new alt once I'd successfully saved them at one point as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

Yeah and the windows options were in a separate file too (which I thankfully found).

Welcome, Chuckers!

That (everything above) said, I still think the save/load isn't working 100% as I find myself having to manually retype binds (until I make my own files to import) across characters.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 1 month later

Camera controls are not saving correctly using the UI save/load options.  Easy to test, just edit the keys, hit save a bunch, then make a new character and your keys will not be loading 100%.

Perhaps you'll indulge me, and provide some additional detail?

Which specific options/binds are you editing/doing, and how are you saving/loading them?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting