Backstory Competition!

Nexros

ISO amazing backstories! Email your backstory to @Nexros on Excelsior for a chance to win 50mil inf. 2 runners up will also receive 10mil each. Entries must be short enough to fit within the in-game bio section and be sent IN GAME. Entry period is until 7/20. Announcement on 7/21.

Your entry will be read and judged by professional writers from the Los Angeles Times, Sports Illustrated, and even a few authors of fantasy fiction! Sponsored by "The Order of Thorns" SG/VG of Excelsior!

Before you ask, I have been asked to not reveal any names of actual individuals.

Is this limited to one entry per player? I mean some of us could spam you with, literally, hundreds of entries of our own.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Is this limited to one entry per player? I mean some of us could spam you with, literally, hundreds of entries of our own.

Good point. I am not one of the judges, but I am trying to limit it to one entry per account, preferably ONE ENTRY PER HUMAN. Honestly there's no way to stop someone from making dozens of accounts to submit dozens of times without me being the wiser... But I'm hoping the community isn't that obnoxious! :D

Good point. I am not one of the judges, but I am trying to limit it to one entry per account, preferably ONE ENTRY PER HUMAN. Honestly there's no way to stop someone from making dozens of accounts to submit dozens of times without me being the wiser... But I'm hoping the community isn't that obnoxious! :D

Really. I'm @Zolgar, I have no idea who @Zolgar1, @Zolgar2, @NotZolgar, @Zolgarseviltwin, @definitelynotanaltaccount, @Z01g4r and, @Ragloz are. Honest!

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Really. I'm @Zolgar, I have no idea who @Zolgar1, @Zolgar2, @NotZolgar, @Zolgarseviltwin, @definitelynotanaltaccount, @Z01g4r and, @Ragloz are. Honest!

All those other accounts are a Nemesis plot...it makes me wonder if Zolgar is even your real name.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

So I'm running into an issue:  I'm copying my backstory directly from my bio, so I know it fits there, but the in-game email says it's 26-146 characters over the limit (the amount varies each time I try to send it).

Would you accept a submission in two parts as long as the story itself fits the bio character limit?

So I'm running into an issue:  I'm copying my backstory directly from my bio, so I know it fits there, but the in-game email says it's 26-146 characters over the limit (the amount varies each time I try to send it).

Would you accept a submission in two parts as long as the story itself fits the bio character limit?

Of course! I'm aware that the email limit is shorter than the bio limit :(

Just do a subject line like "Competition part 1" and "part 2", or something similar. As long as it's coming from the same global name, it's very obvious and I'll paste them together for you.

It's also an old bug with how they made the in-game text editor, I believe.  several characters (like the second space after a period) are converted to htmlencoding ( ) but it's SOMETIMES counted as just a single character, SOMETIMES is counted as all.    That can add up over the course of the edit.

Is @Nexros your global name? I'm on a different shard, but GMs say email to global name will cross shards.

It is his global name and emails to global handles cross shards.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting