Request: Increase the reward for defeating Lusca.

Zolgar

Lusca is one of the most dangerous of the open-world giant monster spawns, if not the most dangerous. She is also, beyond any doubt, the most time consuming to kill. My experience with Lusca is that a decent team of 8 will take 10-15 minutes to kill her. On the other hand, many of the other giant monsters, I can solo in less than 5 minutes with my scrapper (who cannot currently solo Lusca at all), a decent team of 8 will take them down in less than 2 minutes.

Yet Lusca's reward is the same as all the other open world giant monsters, less than Adamastor once a day.

She takes long enough to defeat that it can often be hard getting a group together to take her down if you want the badge, because she's really not worth the time it takes to kill her. I would like to see her rewards be brought up to put her closer to equal to the work she is to defeat compared to the other giant monsters.

My suggestion would be to add reward merits for the defeat of her legs. This would bring her reward more in line in terms of merits to time/effort required with the other GMs, and it would also prevent people from jumping in late and still getting the big reward.

She takes 3-4x as long to kill as most other giant monsters, other giant monsters are worth 6 merits, so she should be worth 18-24, which might seem high, but she's not really farmable. We could implement something like with Adamastor, you get a larger bonus for defeating her once a day.

Something like:

2 merits per leg, 8 for her head, If you've defeated her in the last 20 hours, those rewards are halved.

If that's not possible though, even just adding 1 merit to each leg, making her worth 14 merits instead of 6, would make going after her worth while.

Edited by Zolgar
  • Like 1

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

This must have been lost in the transition...+1 for this Zolgar...It takes quite a while from putting together the team for it, to battling out each arm (which is a GM in it's own right)...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I agree. I think she's one of the few you can't just cheese with envenomed daggers, too, since you'll eventually run out before you finish the fight with most builds. A high damage one probably not. 

• Retired Game Master

Lusca is a different kind of deal from most other Giant Monsters. She counts as a Zone Event and awards her badge to anyone within a little less than half-a-mile radius of her when she is defeated regardless of whether they participated in the fight at all or not.

MOre: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lusca

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.