Avalanche Enhancement Set Proc Knockback

Vayek2

After some experimentation, I have found that the enhancment set "Avalanche" has a proc in the set that is supposed to be a chance for knockdown, but instead knocks things back across the room. I have swapped this set out with powers that do not create knockback or knockdown, and I have put this in powers that do create knockdown. The effect never changes. 

The problem is in the magnitude of the knockdown I believe. The knockdown is set so strong in that proc that the game just converts to knockback. 

Would it be possible to have a GM go in and maybe slightly reduce the magnitude of that proc? I, like many others, really benefit from the full set bonus list of this set, but hate the knockback.

Thank you.

Edited by Vayek2

Yeah, I experimented with it and tried it in different powers and on different characters. It consistently knocks everything back.

It's actually pretty funny in burn, and for a laugh, I logged i. My buddy's fire brute and snuck it into his burn and really enjoyed his reaction.

I've not had a problem with it apart from burn and the issue there is that both the initial hit and the pseudo-pet patch have a chance to proc. I have it in sweeping cross, irradiated ground, psi-blade sweep, dreadful wail, jacob's ladder, and spin. None of them have had the knockback issue. 

• 2 weeks later
On 8/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I've not had a problem with it apart from burn and the issue there is that both the initial hit and the pseudo-pet patch have a chance to proc. I have it in sweeping cross, irradiated ground, psi-blade sweep, dreadful wail, jacob's ladder, and spin. None of them have had the knockback issue. 

Then you are the first person I have encountered to say you haven't had any experience with this proc knocking things back instead of down when it procs. Maybe you just haven't been cognizant of it.

Knockdown is a limited SUBSET of Knockback MAG.

When you STACK Knockdown enough you get KnockBACK.

Burn will rapidly stack Knockdowns into KnockBACK thanks to MAG stacking.

If this is hard to comprehend ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, Vayek2 said:

Then you are the first person I have encountered to say you haven't had any experience with this proc knocking things back instead of down when it procs. Maybe you just haven't been cognizant of it.

i said i had experience of it in burn. i've been playing my rad/bio a bit more lately and got a couple hits of it out of irradiated ground the other day, but it was just your run of the mill kb, it wasn't slinging them quite like burn did. None of the other powers I've used it in have patches so there's no reason to expect stacking.

I have it on my TW/Elec's Lightning Field and I can't say I've noticed it knocking things back unless it happens stack with some TW KB. I do see it knock things down quite often, though.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.