CoH triggering "Night Light" feature

autographedcat

This is, I think, pretty recent, but i'm not sure when precisely it started.

When I launch the game, regardless of time of day, something triggers the Windows 10 feature that dims the blue light (Night Light settings in control panel->display).  If I go to the Control Panel and toggle it on and off, it resets to normal, but then soon will dim again.

It's not game-breaking, but it is odd.  Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, is there a fix/workaround to make it stop?  (I had, in the past, had Night Light scheduled to dim in the evenings, but I've turned it off, and it still is doing it.)

You don't have Flu.x do you?  It does the same thing...I haven't seen this behavior, but I can't get the Major Win10 updates and I don't have this feature yet...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, autographedcat said:

Ok, weirdly, I *reinstalled* f.lux, and...it seems to have stopped.  Wondering if there was some remnant on my system that was getting triggered somehow. *shrug*

Possible leftover/damaged registry entries overwritten by the reinstall.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

I have f.lux set to disable any time CoH is in focus (so it re-enables if I tab out, then re-disables when I tab back in).  No issues with it, but I might not have Microsoft's latest and greatest system-breaking "features" yet.

• 1 year later

This is very strange. If you turn off the night mode in Windows, then it should turn off. Maybe your monitor is configured so that at night it turns off the blue color by itself so as not to" supposedly " harm your eyes. Although, if you sit at the computer at night and for a long time, then you are already essentially hurting your eyes, regardless of whether the blue color is disabled there or not. The yellow color is more pleasant to the eyes, but still, the monitor strains the eyes very much. It's good that the night lamp that I bought recently does not strain my eyes so much, because I'm already tired of how my eyes suffer... But nowadays everything is done through the monitor...

Edited by nervioral