How to Equip An Incarnate With Minimal Effort (A Mini Guide)

mousestalker

Incarnate on Easy Mode

Now that your character is fifty, it's time to start unlocking the incarnate slots, starting with Alpha.

You will need:

1. A base with teleport pads for the Rikti War Zone, The Abyss, Eden and Dark Astoria (not Echo: Dark Astoria). Your base should also have the Pillar of Ice and Fire.

2. The base Teleport power (available from  the Pay to Win vendor) Guide.

3. Access to Ouroboros Guide

To start:

1. Go to Ouroboros and open up the first Dark Astoria mission (Burden of the Past) Guide. The contact will be Heather Townshend. Set your difficulty to as low as you can stand. I have no shame. I typically go 0. Finish then repeat the mission until one of two things happen.

a. You get tired.

b. A Rikti Mothership raid (MSR) is called.

2. If a. happens, log off and go about your life until you are willing to resume grinding.

3. If b. happens, go to the Rikti War Zone and join the raid. After the raid you can resume grinding in Dark Astoria, look for another MSR or join a Hamidon raid Guide

4. Once you have enough shards, thread and salvage to select the Alpha goodie you want, create and slot the goodie. Continue doing Heather missions and raids until you are fully slotted out Guide.

Here is the rationale. Grouping up to do Task Forces is a very efficient way of getting the required loot (Experience at this point is a trivial issue). But grouping up inevitably means a lot of waiting around. The Heather Townshend mission can be done solo in less than fifteen minutes and has a merit and salvage award at the end. Hamidon and the MSR produce very large amounts of goodies in a short amount of time. They do involve waiting for the league to form. Of the two, the MSR seems to yield the best rewards over time. Further going on MSR's will unlock the other five slots in very short order.

I know that the incarnate trials, especially BAF and Tinpex, are popular. But they are not nearly as flexible for fast unlocking and slotting incarnate powers as doing Heather's errands. They are more fun. But this isn't about fun, it's about slotting your Hybrid slot in as short a  time as possible.

Edited by mousestalker
Added links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a hell of a time finding a reliable source of incarnate shards for my alpha and had given up on that, preferring to go the incarnate thread route instead, but I recently found that I get a heck of a lot of Incarnate Shard drops from the Comic Con farming missions in AE. One afternoon, I got 28.

• Like 1

Thank you. I've been lost since reaching 50 for the first time. Haven't fully understood the sub-50 stuff. So I'll be tying up some loose ends with Crimson and Maria Jenkins and Unai before trying this. I've been looking for guides in the wiki, but couldn't make heads or tails out of them. Thanks again. 😃