Where can I find the formula for fury?

Cossatot

From what I have read, the higher your fury is the faster it will decay. This was to fix the fact that cury used to be able to be maintained close to 100% on a consistent basis. Now anything over 70-75% you will notice fury decays quicker.

I'm not sure what exact formula is but i believe for every check against getting hit, or hitting something it will generate fury. It would be great to know if you actually need to get hit for fury to proc or if avoiding the attack still counts. I also believe the max fury is 200% not 400%. I believe 400% is the damage cap for brutes 

Please someone correct me if im mistaken

2 hours ago, FrostyDelicious said:

I'm not sure what exact formula is but i believe for every check against getting hit, or hitting something it will generate fury. It would be great to know if you actually need to get hit for fury to proc or if avoiding the attack still counts. I also believe the max fury is 200% not 400%. I believe 400% is the damage cap for brutes 

95% sure that something TRYING to hit you creates fury, because when I've played a brute that had a mostly defense-based secondary I didn't notice a difference in fury generation compared to a resistance-based secondary.

39 minutes ago, eknudson said:

95% sure that something TRYING to hit you creates fury, because when I've played a brute that had a mostly defense-based secondary I didn't notice a difference in fury generation compared to a resistance-based secondary.

Yea i was thinking the exact same thing!

Fury increases for every attack you make, and for every attack made against you, regardless of damage or whether the attack in question hits or misses. Fury decays at an increased rate at high Fury levels, so maintaining more than 90% Fury for any length of time is generally impossible.

2 minutes ago, Werner said:

I've heard 65% solo, but I haven't paid too much attention myself. I think I'm around 85% farming until I have to start going to the mobs instead of them coming to me. And I'm usually well under 65% in groups.

To be clear, you're talking about an additional 65% damage, yes?

• 2 weeks later
On 8/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, Tremalion said:

Fury increases for every attack you make, and for every attack made against you, regardless of damage or whether the attack in question hits or misses. Fury decays at an increased rate at high Fury levels, so maintaining more than 90% Fury for any length of time is generally impossible.

Just to clarify, "for every attack", does that include non-primary attacks such as Prestige Powers like Sands of Mu?  I seem to remember early on with Brutes that attacks like Sands of Mu or even Brawl didn't create Fury, and in fact due to animation times could stall your Fury building early on for the character.  Is that still the case?

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

On 8/9/2019 at 10:25 PM, Cossatot said:

How about this?

What is a good percentage to use when guessing what an "average" damage bonus from fury would be for a toon?

If you already have a brute click on powers, combat attributes, base, rt click on damage bonus.  You'll be able to monitor it for yourself and get an idea.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later