Give a slight boost to powers that are garbage or never taken

I am of the mind that every power should be useful and none should be complete garbage. 2 example of ones that are, in my mind, are Black Hole from Darkness (miasma or control I forgot), and Thunderclap from Storm Summoning. As it stands, both are rarely taken and garbage.

What I would do with them, to get them more in line with other powers without making them OP, would be for Thunderclap - Mag 3 with a small slight chance for Mag 4 OR Mag 2 as is but with a better chance for another Mag 2. I think a mag 2+1+1 layered would be a little weak. Maybe put it on the same timer as Flashfire. That way Stormies have a chance at crowd control. 

As for Black Hole, it will probably always suck but one way to make it suck less would be to up the Mag on it to basically swallow up a whole group Bosses Included, and as a drawback increase the timer (Or slightly increase the Mag and add a chance for a little more as before).

Now, I don't know all powers and power sets. I do feel that there should be no crappy or useless powers. Some can be better than others, but everything needs a redeeming quality.

I hate the fact that sets like FF have so many skiable powers. Most powers don't need anything done with them. They have their effects and timers and most across the board are the same and that is fine. I am just looking for little more fairness and uniformity. I believe this will increase will benefit all players.

2 hours ago, arkieboy72472 said:

As for Black Hole, it will probably always suck but one way to make it suck less

If you want Black Hole to be better shouldn’t it suck more? 😎

Edited by justicebeliever
  • Haha 5

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Ideally I would want Black Hole to function as a Toggle. You use it and then your team wants to penalize you while they wait out the full duration to attack. Not to mention the effects are not very noticeable like Dimension Shift.

• Like 1

Two things teams have complained about Black Hole & other similar foe capture powers is:

(1) the fx on the power makes it a little difficult to distinguished the captured foes from the rest of the mobs especially when the dark toggle (darkest night) is being used, some players end up wasting attacks on them.

(2) when the foes are released they're at full health, some people feel it slows teams down breaking the action down into 2 fights instead of one.

I personally think Black Hole can be a lifesaver when too many foes get pulled, it just needs to be used right.

Maybe a DoT could be added to all foe capture powers (Black Hole, Detention Field, Dimension Shift), so that when enemies are released the fight can be resolved quicker.

1 hour ago, Nayeh said:

Ideally I would want Black Hole to function as a Toggle. You use it and then your team wants to penalize you while they wait out the full duration to attack. Not to mention the effects are not very noticeable like Dimension Shift.

This also is a great alternative.

Edited by Shadowsleuth

The way Black Hole currently works, it is definitely very useful, but very situational. I would suggest that a DoT and/or -regen, -rec would be appropriate for consideration.

Edited by Zepp
The default font is ugly.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Btw, there is another thread related to this one on Defensive T9s

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation