Whirlwind

The last time I took whirlwind on a toon was probably never.  Now I have a concept I just have to try but I know nothing about this power.  

Are you still able to attack, both melee and ranged, while running this power?  Can I run whirlwind and hurricane at the same time?  Is there an aoe immob that prevents repel?

Inspired by the worst builds thread?  Maybe.  Bound for glory?  Absolutely!

• Like 1

Guardian survivor

Repel was concerning hurricane.  Leaping strike into a mob with hurricane, whirlwind, tornado, lightning storm.  The chaos!  I need whirlwind ever since they nerfed hurricane’s repel.  

How would the +rech proc work in whirlwind since it’s a toggle?

Guardian survivor

3 minutes ago, Mr.Sinister said:

Repel was concerning hurricane.  Leaping strike into a mob with hurricane, whirlwind, tornado, lightning storm.  The chaos!  I need whirlwind ever since they nerfed hurricane’s repel.  

How did they nerf Hurricane repel? 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Sinister said:

Make it a Psi/Storm and throw Psionic Tornado into the mix.

Hurricane used to completely prevent enemies from reaching melee with you.  I don’t remember which issue they changed it but now hurricane is much less predictable.  I believe they changed the tick rate and now enemies are able to wade into the storm and get some shots off before being pushed or flung out.  This was changed during live.  I foggily remember not even being able to reach a tsoo sorcerer to melee them.  Way worse than they are now.

Guardian survivor