/Martial Combat - Reach for the limit questions

biostem

So I rolled a new BR/MC blaster yesterday and took 'Reach for the limit'.  I played a bit and while I did notice the icon come up a few time, (from which I could see the exact tohit and dmg buff values), it didn't really give me a good idea of the chance for it to actually trigger.  I can only speak from that one experience, but it feels like it procs about 10% of the time, for about a 20% tohit buff and a 35% dmg buff, (IIRC, the icon said +22% tohit and +37% dmg).  Does anyone have more specific data regarding this power's proc chance and actual buff values?  I noticed it doesn't take any enhancements, either, so I'm guessing there's no way to further buff these values, (except maybe taking hasten to get more attacks in that may trigger it, though I don't know if it has an internal cooldown, either).  Thanks!

I'm trying to find the exact details. But I think the buff is 37.5% damage, and the proc might be 0.67 PPM.

You should be able to test it though and get the exact numbers. Bring up your combat attributes and watch your ToHit and Damage. When it procs it will show the contribution.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

44 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I'm trying to find the exact details. But I think the buff is 37.5% damage, and the proc might be 0.67 PPM.

You should be able to test it though and get the exact numbers. Bring up your combat attributes and watch your ToHit and Damage. When it procs it will show the contribution.

Well, I've seen entries in my combat log along the lines of "Your Reach for the limit" had a 100% chance to hit you (autohit) or something to that extent.  Would you happen to know why the 'Show details" for the power in the enhancement window is blank?  It seems like it'd be a fairly trivial matter to have it say something like "Whenever you use an attack power, you have a X% chance of triggering 'Reach for the limit'"...

8 hours ago, biostem said:

So I rolled a new BR/MC blaster yesterday and took 'Reach for the limit'.  I played a bit and while I did notice the icon come up a few time, (from which I could see the exact tohit and dmg buff values), it didn't really give me a good idea of the chance for it to actually trigger.  I can only speak from that one experience, but it feels like it procs about 10% of the time, for about a 20% tohit buff and a 35% dmg buff, (IIRC, the icon said +22% tohit and +37% dmg).  Does anyone have more specific data regarding this power's proc chance and actual buff values?  I noticed it doesn't take any enhancements, either, so I'm guessing there's no way to further buff these values, (except maybe taking hasten to get more attacks in that may trigger it, though I don't know if it has an internal cooldown, either).  Thanks!

is a 15% hit / 37.5% dmg  buff , has no internal cooldown, or better is on a 10 sec cooldown same as the effect that is easy to keep up against AV (is a buff for spamming builds that keep it up almost always up, at least i do with fire primary).

you cant enhance it but it doesnt require a target to be hit to proc (is affected by the skill going off, you can triple "burst of speed" and almost guarantee a proc before a fight)

Edited by Seale
typo, not sure why wrote reach instead of burst of speed :)
  • Like 1