10 Million Inf Costume Contest!

Tore

So I'm having major costume block when I've been trying to design an Ice/Energy Blaster. Whoever creates the costume - I decide - I like the most to use for my blaster I will pay 10 million influence. If nothing comes out of this that I'm either completely inspired by or outright use there will be a 5 million inf prize to a random selection. If a costume is submitted after I announce a pay out that I really enjoy I may pay 5-10 million inf for it if I once again decide to use it, this will give me room to have addition costumes using the same theme/foundation or total alternates.

To give a general idea of what I'm looking for I'll leave the basics here :

- Male

- Average Body

- 6ft and up

- Can be Science, Technology, or Mutation Origin.

- Can be either Hero or Villain

- Will be a flyer (not a required influence, but if used correctly can help)

- Costume must have a "clean" look. Random/comedic costumes are not what I'm looking for.

- I'd prefer to keep the ice and energy abilities a single color.

I want to give personality influences but as long as it's not outrageous chances are it will be seriously considered. I have a few backstories in mind so you don't have to worry to much about creating a whole bio, feel free to paint a picture though if you're feeling energetic. 

Lastly this is all just for fun. If you think this is a waste of time or isn't your thing just know I'm only doing this as a last resort because I really want to start a new ice blaster but just get stumped on character creation as I've usually created "aggressive" looking characters. Even if you could somehow create this character aggressively I would be impressed, I'm just so very very stuck. Thanks to anyone that helps! I'll be checking in periodically to see if I get any replies. 

Sounds like fun. I came up with an idea, also just for fun and not at all serious. 🙂

I call him Global Warming, he's a mutated polar bear (unfortunately we have no bear heads. If only I could put bear ears on the beast head), attempting to cool the earth,

QJnkvXz.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Okay here is my concept Cold Shock!

I used his aura to suggest he is constantly radiating cold air and freezing

the water vapor droplets in the ari around him making the fog and the markings

on his hands/arms to suggest electricity. Perhaps when he first tried his powers he didn't have

full control and burned those marks into his skin. I gave him eye protection (electric bolts are bright!)

and so if you wanted to go with eye blasts or such they could be from the mask if you prefer.

bbAA2Nb9_o.jpg

Edit: okay I may have misread the above bit... are you saying you

did NOT want an aggressive looking character? Cuz yeah that is what I made. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

I suppose you could take away the angry mouth with fangs belt buckle and just choose a normal face with

less aggressive lips and swap the zombie claws for normal hands and that would tone down his look quite a bit.

Edited by Christopher Robin

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Edit: okay I may have misread the above bit... are you saying you

did NOT want an aggressive looking character? Cuz yeah that is what I made. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

I suppose you could take away the angry mouth with fangs belt buckle and just choose a normal face with

less aggressive lips and swap the zombie claws for normal hands and that would tone down his look quite a bit.

Aggressive is more than welcome! As an update I guess some more specific "themes" would be The Incredibles, Iron Man, DeadPool. I'm really just looking for a clean look that doesn't look like I hit random on the cc creator

I was bored, here you go.  If you don't use it, I might have to 🙂 Probably mutant, with the alt ice cast animations, or maybe Science Gone Wrong, who knows! I saved the costume and power files if you end up wanting them.

2019-08-13 23_23_08-City of Heroes.png

2019-08-13 23_24_48-City of Heroes.png

2019-08-13 23_25_46-City of Heroes.png

On 8/14/2019 at 1:28 AM, _Kai_ said:

I was bored, here you go.  If you don't use it, I might have to 🙂 Probably mutant, with the alt ice cast animations, or maybe Science Gone Wrong, who knows! I saved the costume and power files if you end up wanting them.

2019-08-13 23_23_08-City of Heroes.png

2019-08-13 23_24_48-City of Heroes.png

2019-08-13 23_25_46-City of Heroes.png

Nothing here grabbed my interest. It's been long enough that I can consider this a failed attempt. I appreciate everyone taking time to participate. _Kai_ will receive the 5 mill influence as a runner up. 

• 4 weeks later

Agree with the general sentiment here, sorry you didn't find what you are looking for but hope it doesn't discourage

you, it's still early days here on the forums and the artz section in particular. Things will improve as more creative

types find their way here. There are a few who I gave a strong nudge to already that frankly I am surprised

have not manifested here in the art forums yet. They must be still in lurker mode... or playing the game.

Given a second chance at the best MMO ever, they could totally still be playing the game. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png