Arcane Bolt effects don't match summary or description

Firefairy

The Arcane Bolt ability in the Sorcery pool powerset says in the description and header that it has knockdown, while the actual mechanics give it knockback.

Hoping this gets fixed to make the mechanics match the description rather than the other way around, because I took it specifically because I was under the impression it had knockdown. Knockback annoys pretty much every tank I play with.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Confirmed: Magnitude is just over typical for knockdown at 0.77. Possible typo from 0.67?

It's not a typo, the problem is that it's using the Ranged Knockback tables which makes it scale by AT and level. It should be using the Ranged Ones tables, which is what is typically used to make sure KD powers stay Knockdown.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

• 4 months later

Wow thanks for the info Trickshooter. I myself had not noticed this bug as I am using it on a controller and my single target immobilize has -knock protection in it; my in-game power description says 1.32 knockback.

Hawkmoon269 just FYI it's a 25% chance of proccing the knock effect. You could also slip a knockback to knockdown converter until it (if ever) gets adjusted to not do that. I think it's still a good power even if it's 25% chance of sending your target flying a small distance.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!