21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Protector v Interceptor

• Protector
    • Interceptor
  2. 2. Which is the better Archetype Concept? The Bastion v Bulwark

• The Bastion
    • Bulwark

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: Protector v Interceptor

Protector (19.07.25.00.33.xx)

Melee/{Support/Armor}

Honor & Glory: Glory builds stacks through melee attacks and dissipates through inaction or use of buffs, it grants increased buff efficacy.

Protectors juggle between support and dps providing teammates with much-needed support while also helping out with clearing the field.

Interceptor (19.07.25.19.29.xx)

Melee/{Support/Armor}

Full Force: A power boost combined with flat damage critical-like mechanism.

Imagine if a scrapper were more of a team player.

Battle 2: The Bastion v Bulwark

The Bastion (19.07.10.16.20.04)

Armor/Ranged

Shield Wall: Damage to nearby teammates is shared with Bastion

Bastions are backline tanks, protecting the blasters, defenders, and controllers from insurgent line penetrators.

Bulwark (19.08.02.11.18.xx)

Support/Melee

{Positive/Negative} Reinforcement: Use of support boosts the effects of support while decreasing damage and to hit, attacks boost damage and to hit, but decrease the efficacy of support.

Bulwarks are front-line support, offering buffs and debuffs from within the fray

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Feasibility: 6 - The creation and balancing of secondary sets would take some effort.

Niche: 5 - I can see this as sufficiently different from a scrapper, but not sure if I would choose it over a scrapper.

Interest:  3 - Might as well make a scrapper.

Feasibility: 6 - The creation and balancing of secondary sets would take some effort.

Niche: 3 - Basically a subset of current possible scrapper playstyles.

Interest: 2 - Might as well make a scrapper.

Feasibility: 6 - It may be difficult to calculate appropriate balance (distance is a form of mitigation) and would require readjustment as playstyles adjust.

Niche: 5 - It is definitely a niche, but it doesn't seem like it is a useful niche.

Interest: 2 - It seems like it would be too Sisyphean of an AT for me.

Feasibility: 7 - While easy to port powersets, I see balance issues as taking some time.

Niche: 4 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Defender.

Interest: 4 - It would be fun, but I do not really see why I would choose it over a Defender.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

10 hours ago, Zepp said:

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Melee/{Support/Armor}

Honor & Glory: Glory builds stacks through melee attacks and dissipates through inaction or use of buffs, it grants increased buff efficacy.

Protectors juggle between support and dps providing teammates with much-needed support while also helping out with clearing the field.

Melee/{Support/Armor}

Full Force: A power boost combined with flat damage critical-like mechanism.

Imagine if a scrapper were more of a team player.

Armor/Ranged

Shield Wall: Damage to nearby teammates is shared with Bastion

Bastions are backline tanks, protecting the blasters, defenders, and controllers from insurgent line penetrators.

Support/Melee

{Positive/Negative} Reinforcement: Use of support boosts the effects of support while decreasing damage and to hit, attacks boost damage and to hit, but decrease the efficacy of support.

Bulwarks are front-line support, offering buffs and debuffs from within the fray

Regarding all the above: they would all be neat, but honestly too much work to be so similar to ATs we already have.

Also, how many topics requesting unwarranted buffs/nerfs for tanks, scrappers, brutes, and even sentinels would this create? because there are already at least three I can think of now regarding ATs we already have?

Wouldn't be opposed to any of them though.

Edited by Infinitum

16 hours ago, Zepp said:

Protector v Interceptor

Protector definitely sounds more interesting to me. I like the idea of charging up with attacks to provide stronger buffs. A good incentive to make use of both primary and secondary.

Bastion v Bulwark:
Gonna go with Bastion since the Reinforcement mechanic for Bulwarks seems like it would be all or nothing for primary/secondary performance. And it seems counterintuitive to ever decrease an ATs primary ability. 

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I really feel like the Bastion is a more original concept with more merit to the game than the sentinel. Though I might suggest more of a Defense/(Ranged/Control) or at least Defense/Assault. Still as far as that second one goes yeah Bastion is more interesting.

My opinion on the first is obviously too Bias.

Edited by Pbuckley818