Illusion Controller Phantasm Bug

Roelandt

Greetings, Heroes.

I wanted to open a discussion and hopefully get a GM/Dev involved since I would like to discuss this with them.

Phantasm is BUGGED!

I'm Starsong. The original, Starsong from Issue 1 through 3 who soloed all the game's Monsters and AV's with the Ill/Rad build (my one and only claim to fame and first and only to accomplish that feat until I left the game). I left the game in Issue 7, and returned for a little while to kill a few monsters like Jurassic and Babbage in Issue 9.

Coming back to homecoming, I was so excited to get to level 40 again and start with soloing the AVs beginning with Anti-Matter just like last time; an old man eager to relive a wonderful, exciting gaming experience.

So, I'm fighting Anti-Matter and get stomped in just over 1 minute. Tried several times. Same result. This tactic should work. What's up?

Ah...my Phantasm is running into melee range almost immediately in the fight and dying instantly. NEVER had a Phantasm die before...ever (except when I die first of course). Apparently there is an issue that came about in much later issues where the Phantasm runs in to Brawl when his ranged attacks are on cooldown, but the servers went down before the Devs could fix it. No Phantasm, no Decoy's to fill in for Phantom Army on cooldown.

There were no "enhancement builds" in my day (I'd already soloed most AVs before enhancements were even introduced) using skill and (often lengthy) practice alone to tackle these enemies. I'm sure I can solo using similar tactics once I get my Phantom Army perma-cooldown, but I prefer not to use builds as a crutch. I, the person want to beat Anti-Matter with skill, effort, and guile; not with a build obtained from dull farming. But with a broken Phantasm none of the tactics work and I'm as effective soloing AVs as a Hellion would be.

PLEASE FIX the Phantasm Brawl bug. That bug has killed my youth. Okay...so I exaggerated a bit there but you get my point. Hehe.

Edited by Roelandt

I believe there is a Bug Reports section on the forums. You might want to post this there. It might help you get a GM's attention.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

So you stopped in I9?  Bad news for you, this was the behavior once a general pet AI change was implemented in I... I don't know which one, but we lived with it for a while.  Maybe I20?  

I wish you luck, but don't hold your breath.  The change was implemented to fix other pet AI issues.