Question about the Gaussian set proc...

JnEricsonx

Ok, because why not, I dropped it into a slot on my Tactics power.  Now, in a instance, a mission, etc, it proc'd pretty decently, once in a while twice on top of itself.  Now, I'm running around in a city map, Steel, Atlas, whatever, it seems like it almost never triggers.  Just bad luck, or are the conditions in the two different types of map different?Insert other media

The opportunity to proc is every 10 seconds, and that opportunity counts for every teammate (including pets). So if you are running around the city by yourself, it will proc at a 6.5% rate every 10 seconds (not very often). But when you have a team that is all getting hit with tactics, if it procs on any of them, you get the buff.

Edit: For more information, check out the comments section of this Guide. I linked to the start of the content you care about.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Well this info totally changes my opinion of slotting tactics with it on my Crab spider.  Teaming with a second Crabbermind and a full additional 6 in the team, you're looking at 75% chance to proc every 10 seconds, not counting any pets from others on the team or Lore pets.

While its interesting on a MM, buildup off of a 0.55 damage scale is nothing compared to a Crabs 1.0 scale.