Problem with screen settings

McCavity

I'm having an odd problem with COH all of a sudden. 
I can log in and the screen looks fine. But when I go into Base-Edit mode and try to move the sliding bar under the various tabs, so I can see all the items for that tab... when I try to click on the bar at the bottom of my screen, my Desktop task bar suddenly appears over it, covering the tab slider so I can't get to it.

When I click elsewhere on the screen, then try clicking on the base-edit tab slider-bar, the same thing happens.
It happens, in fact, when I click Options to try and exit the base editor... so that even when I try to click "Exit base edit mode, I get the Desktop Taskbar, instead of the in-game exit command.   I've had to CNTL+ALT+Delete several times now to exit not only base editor, which kicks me out of COH completely.

This doesn't seem to happen in Paragon Chat, where my screen is set in graphics to "Windowed" mode.
But I don't see any option for a "windowed" mode in Homecoming.

Help?

I think there may be another thread elsewhere where they found the issue causing this, if I can dig it up.  Since I can't remember.  In the meantime, if your task bar is on auto-hide try just making it stay visible all the time, and see if that helps.  Also, windowed mode is there.  I can't look at it right now but it should be under Options>Graphics>Screen Resolution(?? I think??)

*hugs* lady. 🙂

18 hours ago, Korbian said:

I think there may be another thread elsewhere where they found the issue causing this, if I can dig it up.  Since I can't remember.  In the meantime, if your task bar is on auto-hide try just making it stay visible all the time, and see if that helps.  Also, windowed mode is there.  I can't look at it right now but it should be under Options>Graphics>Screen Resolution(?? I think??)

*hugs* lady. 🙂

I was coming here Just to say this. Now, mind you, I haven't read the other thread, but as a long time user this makes the most sense.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I didn't find the old thread, but luckily someone mentioned it again:

On 6/8/2019 at 7:59 AM, MakoMako said:

If I were you, I'd alt tab and see if there's an open window approximately where that tray comes up. I am betting you have something like a Steam overlay or Messenger pop up that you're not seeing in the lower right corner. (I will note that in full screen mode, Tray 1 is at the bottom and is where the task bar would be. But tray 2 and 3 is right over that, where pop up notifications from Windows and other software will pop up for you.) It's possible that another window is interfering with the game interface. Another way to check is to just move the power tray to another part of the screen and try clicking.

Thanks for checking, everyone.  As it turned out, this is screen-setting problem caused by having to switch back and forth between running Homecoming on my usual computer at home, and on my Mom's old computer in KY.  Tahquitz suggested:  

Open Tequila options, and in the "Launch Parameters", type

-screen 800 600

to force graphics to the lowest resolution. Start the client, then before logging in click "Options" and change the graphics to "Windowed" instead. If this works, before you run Tequila again, CLEAR the Launch Parameters box or it'll keep setting it to 800x600.

which worked like a charm.  All good now!  🙂