Options/Settings locking the game

Starhammer

I'd check your AV for messages while in windowed mode on the remote chance it's somehow that, but I doubt it. Try to reverify the gamefiles in Tequila as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

I'm having this same issue after taking a break for a couple weeks.  Client patched and I can play the game.  However, if I attempt to open options the game freezes.  It is even doing that when I attempt to access settings on the log in screen.  I've completely reinstalled twice now and whitelisted it in my antivirus just in case.  Still trying to figure it out.  

Not sure if this might be helpful in figuring out what is going on here but I did have my mouse inverted in the options prior to this issue.  That is one thing that seems to have gone back to defaults though all my other customized key mappings seem to be in place.  Perhaps this is what is causing the lock up?  I'm on a windows 10 computer with a gtx 1080 and an i7-3770k.  

Another thing I've noticed is that I can't load the safemode version at all and the same locking up issue occurs in the 64 bit version of the game.

It also appears that the option file that normally generates in the tequilla folder is no longer being created after reinstalling the game.

Edited by Supercell
additional information that may or may not be helpful

I was able to finally fix this.  What I ended up doing was delete all the registry folders for CoH and Tequila.  When I restarted the game the issue still persisted but it was now in full screen mode and horribly huge so I went back into the registry editor and manually altered the entries in the Crytic CoH folder to be a 0 for full screen to put it back into windowed mode and then manually set the resolution to a default resolution 1440 by 900.  Upon restart the options menu worked again and I set all my customization back to confirm it would still work, which it does after rebooting the game.  

You can find the registry keys in computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH and computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tequila.    The fields I altered were in the CoH keys:  fullscreen, ScreenX, and screenY.