Adrian Art

anOuroboros

I don't post here much, but I'm also rather new to City of Heroes in general. I only really began to play with Homecoming's opening, but have found myself rather charmed. So while I'm much more familiar with drawing in a fantasy genre than that of superheroes, I have found it greatly enjoyable nonetheless.

To kick it off, here's Ultralove - the magical gadgeteer!

spacer.png

Presque Vu was my first OC, whose powers revolve around memories and their slipperiness.

spacer.png

I have more images currently in the works, and will update the thread as I finish. If anyone's interested in seeing my gallery, it's in this link.

I hope everyone enjoys viewing as much as I did creating! ♥

• Like 10

Wow those are lovely Adrian. So glad you found your way to our charming little game.zb7XgP0P_o.png

Oh and may I say welcome to the best part of the forums. 

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Solid colors. It looks like this style would be quicker and easier if you

had a lot of commissions to get through. Was that the goal?

That is one elaborate necklace that I do not recognize though... is it from a different game?

07K1tHnz_o.png

The goal was mostly experimentation with new brushes. I like to stretch styles to keep myself loose - I'm always in the pursuit of knowledge in my art!

The necklace is one I designed by referencing several different images! A costume I made managed to facilitate the impression of a necklace, so I thought customizing it into its own creation could be a fun exercise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
23 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Did you ever finish the shading on Adaptabelle?

You're so sweet for asking! I actually haven't gotten any further on Adaptabelle - I finished a piece of gift art and began a new commission.

In-between, I have been working on an illustration featuring Ultra Violet - another of Livia's beautiful characters. Here's a small preview of it:

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later
15 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Oh very nice.

If this is set in CoH then those are perhaps aspects of Rularuu?

Rularuu is a very cool take, and I might have been subconsciously inspired by Rularuu too!

While drawing, I was really focusing on Violet's psychic abilities and exploring how those powers might manifest as a sort of mindscape. I'm not sure whose mind she's in. Her own? Someone else's? The surrealism of the landscape was largely left ambiguous to fit the composition.

...Maybe it's in the mind of someone influenced by Rularuu! I kinda like that xD

I'm not the artist, but I spent most of the drawing imagining it was Violet's own mindscape. Lisa Frank but with horror elements is basically Violet's own personal style, so I got really attached to it quite quickly. She's not Rularuu based! But she is a demon, so there's some weirdness there, somewhere. Even if she is trying her Best to be a good person who just wants to sit in her car at 3AM and dissociate to Peter Gabriel while eating Taco Bell.

• Like 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSInHhDoAzbQoCKbba8aHS   600px-Rularuu's_Wrath_Final.jpg  606px-Rularuu_Watcher_01.jpg  600px-Rularuu's_Bane_Final.jpg

For me it's the eyeball hands... almost everything that is of Rularuu has those creepy moving eyeballs in it. He is always watching as the story goes.

He is also at war with other aspects of himself (Lanaru the Mad vs. Faathim the Kind etc) so some of the hands fighting or restraining each other seems a good fit.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

18 minutes ago, Livia said:

I'm not the artist, but I spent most of the drawing imagining it was Violet's own mindscape. Lisa Frank but with horror elements is basically Violet's own personal style, so I got really attached to it quite quickly. She's not Rularuu based! But she is a demon, so there's some weirdness there, somewhere. Even if she is trying her Best to be a good person who just wants to sit in her car at 3AM and dissociate to Peter Gabriel while eating Taco Bell.

Or it could be that. You guys being subject and artist would know. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I just tend to think in City of Heroes terms and it was the closest thing  that came to mind.

Also who doesn't unplug while eating Taco Bell and listening to Peter Gabriel at 3AM from time to time. 07K1tHnz_o.png

• Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

I definitely do see the comparison! And there is a loooot of really good story material in the Shadow Shard even if it spent most of this game's life being largely ignored until the very end, there. Even just reading the lore in the badges there is really spooky stuff.