Guardian AT: What do we know?

Varkarrus

Regen has yet to recover from its ubernerf. That being said, I would say that Reconstructive Healing is actually stronger than Regen. Regen at its fullest is approximately 60% uptime for Insta-Healing (+1040ish regen for you) and 25% uptime for Moment of Glory...

Comparatively, Regenerative Aura has a 75% uptime (+1100ish regen for your entire team), plus it has a perm-able 18%ish defense and to-hit buff for the entire team... I'll take that over Moment of Glory... not to mention the 75% uptime recovery boost for the entire team... The more I look at it, the more attractive the set appear to be...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

It seems pretty awesome to me, and offers a new playstyle not like anything we really have currently. It sounds much more flexible than the EATs and VEATs, which are way too locked into their respective game lore to satisfy me. 

From what I gather, there was some bad blood between the creator and the HC team, so hopefully that wont impact us getting access to the AT after it becomes open source.

A bit off topic, but I'm not sure I like the idea of having too many archetypes. An archetype in the Jungian sense is a very specific set of characteristics that seem to bubble up out of reality itself. If we have too many, then we may as well have no archetypes and let people pick whatever they want, which may sound cool in theory but would drastically change the game.

See this is the issue with the whole situation.

Homecoming has Sentinels.

Rebirth has Guardians.

Whatever Server has who knows what else.

Maybe there should be a central "common ground" place to host new code or something so the various parties can pool ideas and share code/content.

I really don't want to see things devolve into a competition of one-ups-manship.

It's still early and trying to articulate is hard, but can anyone else see where I am going on this.

55 minutes ago, Hero Star said:

A bit off topic, but I'm not sure I like the idea of having too many archetypes. An archetype in the Jungian sense is a very specific set of characteristics that seem to bubble up out of reality itself. If we have too many, then we may as well have no archetypes and let people pick whatever they want, which may sound cool in theory but would drastically change the game.

If anything, we have too many "dudes who are tough and deal melee damage", but this is a new playstyle.