Fire/Time blaster OR Time/Fire Defender

Guardian

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

Hi,

So looking for opinions on a fun based set.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks for the input I am looking for opinions.

fire/time corrupter instead of defender, just because you have a low damage cap as a defender and fire on a corrupter is actually quite nice.

you could also go fire/time controller!

Fire/time controller would actually be pretty fun. Lock stuff down in burning cages, slow whatever is still mobile and let the imps feast.

So much control and so much damage. 

Hmmmm.   

Now I need a name and a costume. Do we have any cool robes yet?  Dont have to flow but seems to me the last time I looked the options were pretty limited.   Granted that was 8ish years ago so times might of changed. 

Corruptor.  Hands down. 

The corruptor version will have near the same slotting and power choice flexibility as a defender.  With farsight and chronal shift, you won’t need to chase as many set bonuses for recharge & defense.  

Fire does not have the best proc options for its abilities, which is usually where the defender variant of these builds shine.  Most of its single target abilities have pretty low cool downs and the rest are a cone, an aoe, and a patch. The exception obviously being inferno - which can take a few good  Procs.  So the corruptor variant is going to do even more damage because of how nasty scourge is with such high base damage attacks.   Plus, since you have all that defense already, you can still take the few procs that are available for a tiny boost. 

I think people really under estimate the value of scourge when paired with fire.  If you want something to die, then it’s going to happen very quickly.  Also, unless you are eating reds, then a corruptor is going to have a much easier time getting to the damage cap than a blaster too - thanks to the option to take soul drain.  

So on a fire corruptor you basically have a blaster with more defense, plus the ability to heal, soft control options, and decent -resist Debuffs.  In my opinion, corruptor fire/time creates the most synergy between the power sets - giving the defense a blaster needs, while both maintaining and accelerating the damage a defender lacks. 

Edited by natewest1987