Disable Salvage Drops ?

ferzth

Is it possible to disable salvage drops?

I would like to be able to disable white and yellow salvage drops.

At the P2W Vendor, I can disable recipe drops, and I have (white/yellow recipes), but I see no option to disable salvage drops.

Is there a macro or bind or some other way to disable them?

Thanks.

Sorry this probably isn't helpful to your question, but don't forget you can sell them and make some ingame currency.  ❤️  $$  Even dumping them for NPC store prices would make more then not gettin um at all.

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 41:  Profit is it's own reward.  

I spend a lot of downtime in the game.  😛  Hangin around Atlas talkin.  Lookin at places.  Eating.  I didn't think about efficient time management.  But yeah, if your in a rush I guess it would slow you down a little sellin stuffs.  I look at it like a minigame in the game.  Makin muny.   

Thank you for the replies.

I understand that salvage drops with greater regularity than do even white recipes.

That being said, if there is an option at the P2W vendor to disable Common, Uncommon, Rare and Very Rare recipes, and also disable regular inspiration drops and enable Team and Dual inspirations, can there not be one to do the same for salvage drops?

I can sell white and yellow salvage, and I do.

My farmer brute makes me 100 million influence per day or more, so salvage, even orange rare salvage, is a drop in the bucket.  Losing X number of 250 or 1,000 influence on white/yellow salvage, respectively, does not bother me.

My ask is more for efficiency and not for how much I can sell white/yellow salvage.

Is there a macro or bind that anyone knows of that will perform this task?  Perhaps this is another item the overworked volunteer devs can add to their to-do list ?

Thanks in advance.

I looked for this option at the P2W myself a while back. When I couldn't find it, I just shrugged it off and continued to sell them. The most annoying thing about having to sell the white/yellow salvage is when your salvage is getting full and you have to sell them either via clicking the Sell button over and over and over and over....ad nauseum, or right clicking each mini-stack of each piece of salvage and hitting 'Sell All' for the stack. It's slow and annoying, so I just wish there was a way to either disable white/yellow drops or make selling a lot faster.

There is no current solution for this. Here's what I do to get rid of salvage quicker:

1. I have a bind or custom window for quick Auction House access
  2. Sort salvage by amount (descending)
  3. When dragging to the AH, select the highest amount possible and hit enter
  4. Because you sorted it by amount (descending), you no longer have to select the amount to the rest of the salvage stacks. Simply drag and press enter
  • Like 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:21 PM, ferzth said:

Is it possible to disable salvage drops?

I would like to be able to disable white and yellow salvage drops.

At the P2W Vendor, I can disable recipe drops, and I have (white/yellow recipes), but I see no option to disable salvage drops.

Is there a macro or bind or some other way to disable them?

Thanks.

Just email the stuff you don't want to me.  I'll take care of it for ya.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 8/31/2019 at 3:38 PM, Hopeling said:

For common and uncommon salvage, I just sort by quantity and delete the largest few stacks when I'm running short on space. It's not even worth the time it takes to list or sell.

Seconding that strongly. If you consider the amount of inf you make just killing a mob (4000 for a minion), it's simply not worth your time to even run to a vendor and spam click sell. Personally, I just right-click and press the shortcut for deleting the whole stack (I think that's "S"?). The minigame becomes to avoid deleting orange salvage when it comes up. 😉

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 6:32 AM, nihilii said:

Seconding that strongly. If you consider the amount of inf you make just killing a mob (4000 for a minion), it's simply not worth your time to even run to a vendor and spam click sell. Personally, I just right-click and press the shortcut for deleting the whole stack (I think that's "S"?). The minigame becomes to avoid deleting orange salvage when it comes up. 😉

If you aren't farming/ on a tf sort by rarity and dump those into /ah first.  I think it will still retain the previous sorting when you change to rarity, or at least it looked like it, so sort by quantity descending then rarity descending, then delete as much as you want below the oranges.

I too would greatly like having a way to turn off white/yellow salvage, though I don't farm, as I'll often find myself on a TF or something where I can't sell the garbage on the /ah and have to start deleting stacks when I've gotten too full.