21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Zoomer v Captain

• Zoomer
    • Captain
  2. 2. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Instigator Take Two v The Duo

• Instigator Take Two
    • The Duo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: Zoomer v Captain

Zoomer (19.07.25.22.56.xx)

Manipulation/Assault

Zoom: Personal +SPD for ranged, enemy -SPD for melee, and increased speed cap.

Zoomers offer the feel of playing a speedster while providing access to two AT-specific power sets that are versatile an fun.

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Melee/Support

Tactical Advantage: Enemies within 15' act as a power boost, allies in the range increase regeneration and defense.

Captains are frontline fighters that support their teammates from within the fray.

Battle 2: Instigator Take Two v The Duo

Instigator Take 2 (19.07.27.22.25.xx)

Assault/Armor

Instigation & Resolve: They have an inherent punchvoke ability, Instigation, similar to Tankers, they also have a secondary inherent that provides stacks of absorb while out of combat.

Instigators are mobile meat shields in the truest sense. Tankers are frontline tanks, Brutes are scrapperlocked tanks, Instigators go to where the aggro is (stupid Blaster AoEs).

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Assault/{Pet/Armor/Support}

Partnership: +DMG +ToHit in proximity to pet. Share power effects with pet.

The Duo is an AT that is focused on working strongly with a single pet partner and balancing the burden with them.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Zoomer

Feasibility: 8 - While easy to port powersets, there may be some balance issues.

Niche: 9 - This archetype provides a novel feel, and also provides a tool currently not readily available for team fights.

Interest: 10 - I really want to try this one out.

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Feasibility: 6 - While easy to port powersets, I see balance issues as taking some time (the inherent seems inherently unbalancing).

Niche: 4 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Defender.

Interest: 3 - It would be fun, but I do not really see why I would choose it over a Defender.

Winner: Zoomer

Battle 2: Instigator Take Two v The Duo

Instigator Take 2

Feasibility: 8 - While easy to port powersets, there may be some balance issues.

Niche: 5 - Just different enough from Tankers and Brutes to be considered its own AT.

Interest: 6 - I would give it a go.

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Feasibility: 6 - The playtesting that has already been done by the proposer has doubled the score here.

Niche: 6 - This is definitely in the DPS camp, but with a different approach to other DPSers out there.

Interest: 8 - I would definitely make at least one of these.

Winner: The Duo

Come on people, the Zoomer needs your love!

The quarterfinals have some tight matches. Although, Zoomer has not had a single easy match. Taking out the top seed in Match 2.2 was nice though... Either of these matches would have been great finals (Although I'm hoping for Zoomer v Instigator in the Final).

On 9/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, Zepp said:

Zoomer

Niche: 9 - This archetype provides a novel feel, and also provides a tool currently not readily available for team fights.

Interest: 10 - I really want to try this one out.

I did vote for the Zoomer in this poll. However, you SHOULD mention here, as a disclaimer, that you created the Zoomer. Thus there'd be a bit of a bias in your rating.

I've never kept that a secret...

It's not a secret, but it's also not very transparent. A cursory glance at just this post would make people assume that Zoomer is just an archetype you like a whole lot. If I were the one running this tournament, I would even skip the F/N/I scores for my own archetype, while saying that it's one I made, and then only show the score the other one. That's not wholly necessary, but people knowing that you made the archetype would explain the score you gave it...

Edited by Varkarrus

One of the reasons the scores are as high as they are is because I considered feasibility and niche (as well as my own desire to play it) when I designed the AT. I also include links to the original posts for each of the ATs, so people can find who created it. I do the evaluation post to show my work and explain why I voted. I encourage discussion of my rankings and offering one's own rankings in this thread. In fact, the only place where I think my rankings could be considered biased would be in the interest, which is reasonable as it is where bias is acceptable.

And we are tied up in both matches!

There is still more than a day left, come on people, vote!

Would definitely roll a Captain.  This is basically how I play my tankers: as melee controllers trying to concentrate spawns for the team's convenience. 

I'm trying to build a speedster scrapper right now.

Instigator sounds like something I would get some mileage out of.  Pet classes just wilt in my hand, too many things to keep track of at once. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Wow, I thought I was going to finally have an easy match, but it looks like I might lose... Come on people, the Zoomer needs your love!