Damage Procs when exemping

Hedgefund

Here's something I should know but can't say I do for sure.

If I'm not concerned with set bonuses, does level matter for a damage proc firing off?  This is specifically about uncommon and rare sets, not PVP or Very Rare.  I know the latter 2 categories will work.

For an example, if I slot a level 50 Lady Grey chance for negative damage in Irradiate, a power selected at level 6, will the proc have a chance to fire when exemplared to lvl 30?

Thanks in advance.  

To reiterate, this is just regarding damage (or debuff/status affecting) procs.

I believe I read somewhere (paragonwiki, most likely) that damage procs are not affected by exemplaring. I personally haven't tested it though, as I always buy attuned for rare IO sets.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I do the same typically.  Right now though, I happen to have some proc recipes (that I am planning to use, like the Lady Grey that I mentioned) drop at lvl 50 and I'm just wondering if I should bother attuning them or just slot them.  

Edited by Hedgefund

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

I do the same typically.  Right now though, I happen to have some proc recipes (that I am planning to use, like the Lady Grey that I mentioned) drop at lvl 50 and I'm just wondering if I should bother attuning them or just slot them.  

I say slot them and test it out. I'm 95% confident that it'll work at any level.

Edit, decided I should Google it and just provide my reference. Here is the article, and below is an excerpt pertaining to your question.

Unlike the Globals, Procs depend on the power they are slotted in to be activated in order to work. If the power isn't activated, then no benefit from the Proc. Consequently, exemplaring lower than the level of the power means the power is greyed out and can't be used (even passive powers follow that rule), which means the Proc won't work. However, the upside of Procs is that if the power is active, the Proc always work, even if you exemplar way below the level of the Proc. Procs don't follow the -3 level rule that Globals and Set Bonuses do.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Thanks, I do promise that I read that article but skimmed that particular section and missed it.

I hate being the "google this for me" guy.

ETA - to clarify, I actually don't buy them attuned, I buy the recipe at lowest level and craft it.  That tends to be notably cheaper than the crafted IO and there's no advantage to having the level scale with you.

Edited by Hedgefund

4 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Thanks, I do promise that I read that article but skimmed that particular section and missed it.

I hate being the "google this for me" guy.

ETA - to clarify, I actually don't buy them attuned, I buy the recipe at lowest level and craft it.  That tends to be notably cheaper than the crafted IO and there's no advantage to having the level scale with you.

Oh I wasn't googling it for you, it was for me. I hate thinking I'm right but not being able to confirm. I'd feel embarrassed if I passed along the wrong information. 

If you are crafting low level procs anyways, it's probably a moot point. You never would have to fear exemplaring except for extreme circumstances.