Tankers and Knockback Resistance vs Knockback Protection

CrimsonOne

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Speaking about Tank Powersets, l wonder if homecoming devs could make Energy Aura available for Tankers. It is available for Brutes, Scrappers, Stalkers, Sentinels, why not make it same for Tankers?

I like this idea as well.  I'm certainly in favor of any powerset proliferation.  

• Like 3

"Life is not about how fast you run or even with what degree of grace.  It's about perseverance, about staying on your feet and slogging forward no matter what." - Stormy Llewellyn

I haven't read this entire thread, so the solution I'm about to mention may have already come up.

I asked my friend who plays an Elec Tank about this.  He said he just took a temp flight power.  With it toggled on, you just turn a flip and the KB becomes no big deal.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, EverStryke said:

If it were directed towards others... Ok. I see it. But it was not. 

You said 'Hovertanking was for p***ies.' I like hovertanking. Therefore, you called me something terribly uncouth and offensive. Don't call other people fragile because you got called out for being a jerk.

That being said, the crux of the problem is KN Resistance versus KB Protection. It's also a corner case versus Recluse and ONLY him it seems like (unless any other posters here can cite anyone other enemies in the game having this kind of KB power). Seems to me that suggesting a bunch of changes to powers when the issue is that one guy is backwards.

Just fix that one guy. It has already been suggested to reduce the KB buff from 40 (insane much?) to 20 so that a Tank can be properly buffed to resist it and do their job.

So...why not put it on Test and find out? Isn't that what its for? Get some players together, fight Recluse with different teams with different Tank builds and find out. Heck, send out a hue and cry and ask the player base for help and they'll likely volunteer for it!

I want to get away from the 'good old days' when you HAD to have a Rad or Poison to defeat an AV or a GM. I don't want battle in Recluse to turn into 'the ONE guy with the buff for the Tank is down so we're doomed!' That seems a bit ridiculous to me.