Suggestion: Dom Illusions!

Silvanthis

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'd love to see this, but I fear that illusion may be *too good* on dominators...

Ironically, I seem to recall that the excuse in the olden days was just the opposite: Illusion wouldn't benefit enough from Domination, and thus would be a poor Dominator set.

I'd kinda like to have it anyway though, personally.  That, or a revised version that got ported to Masterminds.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Ironically, I seem to recall that the excuse in the olden days was just the opposite: Illusion wouldn't benefit enough from Domination, and thus would be a poor Dominator set.

I'd kinda like to have it anyway though, personally.  That, or a revised version that got ported to Masterminds.

I can kind of you your point in regard to the first thing you mentioned - but you do get your AoE hold pretty early on.  I suppose domination wouldn't really do anything for the invisibility powers or pets, though.

As for a mastermind primary set - that could be interesting.  What if you got the phantom army as your T1 and T2 pets, only the T1s have weaker attacks and the T2s have some control abilities, and the T3 was the phantasm?  You could have a weak spectral wounds, a strong spectral wounds, and maybe a more damage-oriented version of flash as the 3rd attack, and possibly group invisibility or spectral terror as the "special power" that all MMs get.

16 minutes ago, biostem said:

As for a mastermind primary set - that could be interesting.  What if you got the phantom army as your T1 and T2 pets, only the T1s have weaker attacks and the T2s have some control abilities, and the T3 was the phantasm?  You could have a weak spectral wounds, a strong spectral wounds, and maybe a more damage-oriented version of flash as the 3rd attack, and possibly group invisibility or spectral terror as the "special power" that all MMs get.

The way I've sorta envisioned it:

T1: Phantom Army.  Not invincible anymore, and sorta like demonlings, where each one has the same attacks of different "element".

T2: Spectral Wounds. Same effect as in Illusion Control.

T3: Blind.  Changed to a Stun 'cause a hold is kinda overpowered.

T4: First Upgrade power.

T5: Flash.  Kinda like you suggested, add damage but keep the PBAoE, also reduce this one to a Stun like Blind.

T6: Phantasm.  It'd be cool if one could be a "Decoy" that's invincible but all its attacks do "spectral" damage...but that might be too OP (maybe it auto-dies if the other does?)

T7: Group Invisibility.  Pretty much carried over as-is.

T8: Spectral Terror.  Made mobile.

T9: Second upgrade.

The big thing would just be balancing two upgrades of pet powers.  The actual layout and tiering of the powers would seem pretty straightforward, to me at least.

• Like 2

Just a thing to keep in mind, it's possible to summon a different pet based on whether Domination is active or not. Dark's AoE Hold works this way, already.

So it would be possible to make both Blind's Sleep AoE and Spectral Terror benefit from Domination, as well. Possibly also make a version of Phantom Army with stronger Taunts while in Domination?

The two big issues with Illusion for Dominators (to me, anyway) are:

A) Dominators are more damage-focused ATs than Controllers, so do they need Group Invisibility?

And B) Dominators definitely don't need Spectral Wounds.

Make new Domination-only pets and solve those two issues and it would be a fine Dominator set. Though, I believe the original dev stance was that if Illusions was ever going to be proliferated to a Villain AT, it would have been Masterminds.

• Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah