A small program to collect badges from CoH chatlogs

DocLiah

I'm sorry, but my arch-nemesis Verizon is attacking! I'll have to go somewhere with a wired connection.

So I'm going to have to wait to install Lazarus.

But when I can, from what I see, this is a Libre reimplementation of Pascal? Cool!

So for everyone on Fedora 3x, the command is:

sudo dnf install lazarus

But once I do that, how do I launch your program? (All I see is an exe, which will launch in WINE. I'd don't want to create yet another winebottle, I'm starting to fill up my SSD with Windows crap!)

With the Lazarus interpreter installed, I should be able to run it natively, no? I didn't get source from the link, just the Win binary zipfile.

But many, many thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

I'm sorry, but my arch-nemesis Verizon is attacking! I'll have to go somewhere with a wired connection.

So I'm going to have to wait to install Lazarus.

But when can, from what I see, this is a reimplementation of Pascal? Cool!
So for Fedora 3x, the command is:

sudo dnf install lazarus

Once I do that, how do I launch your program? All I see is an exe, which will launch in WINE. I'd don't want to create yet another winebottle, I'm starting to fill up my SSD with Windows crap!

With the Lazarus interpreter installed, I should be able to run it natively, no? Can you share your source?

And, thanks for all your hard work!

Yep, Lazarus is a open version of Borland Delphi... which has more or less died by now.

It should compile easily in lazarus and then run as a native application. I use it on linux myself.

I could try uploading a binary for you if you like?

Added a file, should include linux binary and sqllite lib, along with the database.

See if this works?

badgeextractor.tar.gz

Edited by DocLiah
adding file
  • Thanks 1

Yay! 

Worked great, thanks!

Sorry, didn't realize it was compiled, for some reason I expected text source and an interpreter.

Is it irony to use one back-from-the-dead project on another?

And again, many thanks!

PS: I'm running CoH under Fedora 30/xfce, with Wine Staging 4.19. What's your setup?

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 2 weeks later

New optional version below.

This one will read in all the logfiles in turn and remember which one it last processed.

Set the log directory the game writes to in the settings and use the new button at the top left to read them all in at once.

Should be easier and quicker than reading them in one at a time, it may get confused if you delete a log file before it has been read in though.

It might have other bugs as it hasn't been tested a great deal.....

Edited by DocLiah

• 2 weeks later
On 12/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, DocLiah said:

New optional version below.

This one will read in all the logfiles in turn and remember which one it last processed.

Set the log directory the game writes to in the settings and use the new button at the top left to read them all in at once.

Should be easier and quicker than reading them in one at a time, it may get confused if you delete a log file before it has been read in though.

It might have other bugs as it hasn't been tested a great deal.....

badgeextractor.zip 1.9 MB · 2 downloads

Taken me a while to get back to badging I'm afraid; some feedback on this new version. It generates the following errors;

ERROR: Badge Founders' Invader is not in database
ERROR: Badge Hell Bane is not in database
ERROR: Badge Hero Corps Reject is not in database
ERROR: Badge Liberator is not in database
ERROR: Badge Man's Best Friend is not in database
ERROR: Badge Master of the Airwaves is not in database
ERROR: Badge Saboteur is not in database
ERROR: Badge Task Force Abandoner is not in database
ERROR: Badge Weak Point is not in database

ERROR Man's Best Friend badge not found.
Loaded 1504 badges for Bovine Avenger

I actually have 1506 badges. 

Two that are missing I can recognise;

You've had "HellBane" not "Hell Bane" for the badge for a few versions.

Also "Germinator Terminator" isn't being picked up; the error generated is "Germinator Terminator has been selected as new title. is not in database"

I'm also still unsure of the actual total of achievable badges is. I've heard, but not had confirmed that the maximum now is 1530?  My report has 24 listed to still get, which would take me to 1330. Can you confirm on the following though?

Arriviste is now a seperate badge (which I thought I'd done, but will have missed until next year now, sigh). If Arriviste is a genuine badge, the total achievable is actually 1331?

Flames of Prometheus dissappears and doesn't get counted in the final total in game?

Bug Hunter isn't awarded in Homecoming, but is still in the code. Valid but not achievable?

The event behind A Nemesis Plot has never happened for Everlasting yet, also valid but not achievable?

Think that's about it for feedback!

Ok I have this downloaded and unzipped into my CoH directory.

Now how do I get this exactly to work?

One goes C:/CoH/logs/game  This one is always empty though.  I always find other folders in my CoH directory which are also empty such as Custom_Critter; CustomVillainGroup; and Missions.  Don't know why either.

The second one which is how I got Herostats to work at least halfway is C:/CoH/Elemento/logs which gets me into my chatlogs.  Elemento is my global which would be naturally different for each person.

16 hours ago, Elemento said:

Ok I have this downloaded and unzipped into my CoH directory.

Now how do I get this exactly to work?

One goes C:/CoH/logs/game  This one is always empty though.  I always find other folders in my CoH directory which are also empty such as Custom_Critter; CustomVillainGroup; and Missions.  Don't know why either.

The second one which is how I got Herostats to work at least halfway is C:/CoH/Elemento/logs which gets me into my chatlogs.  Elemento is my global which would be naturally different for each person.

C:/CoH/Elemento/logs is the one you want.  Open the Badge Extractor, click on 'options' and set that as the chatlog directory.  Then click on Parse Chatfile, and select the file you want to import badges from. 

If you haven't had logging turned on from the start, you may need to go into the game and select missing badges as your badge title, which loads them into the chatlog.  You might also need to assign some badges manually, if, for example, you were playing over midnight and the game created a new log file lacking the character-identifying info created when you load a new character into the game.  In that case Badge Extractor will list the unassigned badges and ask which character it should assign them to.

(Custom_Critter, CustomVillainGroup and Missions are all local storage for creating AE missions.)

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!