Dark melee / regen

CoachEvan

Just started playing; not sure what I’m doing. Went with dm/regen, as I’m envisioning a moon knight type character, yet I haven’t been able to find any guides about this specific combo. Is this a good combination, or would I be better off with willpower or something else entirely. Planning on mostly playing solo. 

regen has a lot of 'click to not die' powers... as long as you avoid *whif shiff whiff whiff whiff" shadow maul, during the animation of which you could get faceplanted, you should be great... DM's -to-hit helps to shore up regen's lackluster defense, and encourages slotting sets that can help with it's resistances.

But there are definitely several powers you can skip from dark with regen. Almost makes me want to try one so I can see if the new fighting pool is actually decent with the synergy of all 3 attacks.

It also makes for a decent thematic Vampire.

12 hours ago, CoachEvan said:

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to reroll to a SS/WP brute to get the AOE stomp.

That's not Moon Knight at all though...

I've heard that Regeneration really starts to shine once you get some IO's in it and Dark Melee is great for your single target dmg and good at keeping you from getting hit with all the stacking -to hit on baddies

12 hours ago, Sooparyan said:

That's not Moon Knight at all though...

I've heard that Regeneration really starts to shine once you get some IO's in it and Dark Melee is great for your single target dmg and good at keeping you from getting hit with all the stacking -to hit on baddies

Every set can shine with the proper IO setup though so that doesn't say much about /regen

2 hours ago, Bloodofcaine said:

I agree, if anything, Moon Knight is probably better represented with Street Justice/Willpower

That would, totally, be Moon Knight. You've also got some great ST attacks and some decent AOE as well as all the good stuff WP brings to the table.

Edited by Sooparyan

• 2 months later

I am definitely in the minority. I love Dark Melee and believe it pairs well with most sets.  Not so much Regen. If i recall Regen has no endurance issues whatsoever. One of Dark Melees big bonuses is a PBAoE that replinshes an end bar from none to full.  Another draw is an attack that does okay damage and gives a heal 10% of health bar.  So.  This Becomes  a slow mediocre attack with health benefits you dont need in Regen. Shadow Maul as already pointed out is a long animation during which you have no access to you Regen click powers.  So. You have your first two punches that are working for you minir damage and moderate and then waiting for the PBAoE buff power and tier 9 attack.  Almost any other set would be better with Regen.  I like Dark Melee. Not enough to gimp a build. My two cents.