• Last visited

• Days Won

Luminara last won the day on April 13

Luminara had the most liked content!

9501 Excellent

4 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

7760 profile views
  1. I thought it was Tenebrous Tentacles or Teleport Target, and was about to suggest putting Range enhancements in the power.
  2. Sentinel cones are limited to 5 targets, instead of 10. Sentinel AoEs are limited to 10 targets, instead of 16. Sentinels are scrappers with ranged attacks. That's why they have the same AoE restrictions as melee archetypes. Pay the complaint about damage no mind. It's bullshit, because a blaster clone with 96% of blaster damage, full-blown damage mitigation, including status protection, and the same target limits as blasters would so utterly and completely obviate blasters that no-one with more than two brain cells would ever play a blaster.
  3. Umbral Torrent is 78.3 for sentinels. The rest is correct (amazingly). What happened to your Dark/Invulnerability sentinel?
  4. You're not required to execute a number of attacks or use an alignment-restricted power to reactive them if they drop. You don't have to do anything, you can stand there with your thumb up your ass and they'll recharge normally and be ready to use again at will. It's a completely different set of requirements from what Domination currently imposes. Nor do PB or AD represent archetype-defining or -shaping powers. Click status protection powers are in a few melee archetype primaries/secondaries, not an inherent ability which affects every tanker, scrapper, brute, stalker, SoA, Dwarf-form Kheldian or Sentinel. The fact that my Shield/Elec tanker has a click status protection power is utterly irrelevant to my Energy/Energy scrapper, or my Staff/Willpower brute, because those powers aren't impacting entire archetypes. But I can't make any dominator that isn't affected by Domination's flawed design. The Rage crash that the game signals to players graphically by turning off the "I'M A LIGHT BULB WHEEEEEEEEEEE!" graphic and replacing it with the Damage Debuff graphic (red-colored downward-pointing arrowheads), so they know what's happening without looking at the UI? Do you spend a lot of time rebuilding the Hasten meter? How much, on average? Sixty seconds? Ninety? Three... hundred? You can tell me, I promise not to laugh. At the market. In a league, when players have to be moved around to different teams. When you're accepting a mission. Not in the middle of combat. For fuck's sake, there isn't even a status bar for NPCs, we're utterly dependent on graphical effects and animations to know what our powers are doing to them, so the "UI is part of the game" argument doesn't cut it.
  5. Luna in Ouroboros sells top end inspirations for threads. Shards can be converted to threads.
  6. PB and AD aren't inherents. How many times do you have to click Defiance in order to activate T1/T2 attacks through mez? What? None? Well, it would seem that status protection isn't the defining factor for determining that something should have a cast time, wouldn't it. Faintly, but not fully. It's been itching in my mind for me for four years, but it's because of that constant niggling that I started looking at it more closely. Why does it bother me? I've built all of my dominators so well that Domination recharges in ~67s, so I have plenty of leeway for it to activate, but it still gets under my skin. Why? Because it forces the player to watch the UI, to pay attention to the icon, not to the game. And the cast time is the root of that, because it's the cast time that necessitates monitoring the UI. There's no tray with one slot that we can float next to the character's head so we don't have to look at an edge of the screen (yes, i tried a tray set to maximum transparency, and in different configurations, it was still extremely distracting). There's no middle-of-screen warning that Domination is about to expire (not quite as likely to set me off as the tip notification spam did, but it would definitely put me on the warpath sooner or later). There's no chat message, no unique sound at 10s... the only ways the game notifies the player that Domination is about to drop is the tiny blinking icon in the status window, and Domination being recharged, and if you're not staring at one or the other, you have no idea when to give Domination that 1.32s to activate. When I build an attack chain, my goal is to set the game up so I can press keys without having to look at the icons. Press 1, press 2 while 1 is activating, press 3 while 2 is activating, et cetera. The UI is what I use to interface with the game, but it's not the part of the game I want to see. The game is what's happening in the middle of the screen, not at the top, not at the right edge, not on the bottom edge, not on the left edge. Watching my character's animations play. Watching the graphical effects. Watching enemy reactions. Immersing myself in the game. Domination breaks that by forcing my attention away from the center, by focusing my attention on the UI instead of the game. I have to watch the Domination icon so I know when to react to that, rather than watching the Master of Death so I know when to react to him. I have to watch the timer so I know when to interrupt my immersion, rather than watching my characters do their things and enjoying my immersion. Yes, losing Domination because I scrapperlocked irritates me, but that's only my reaction to the problem, not the problem itself. The problem is that the cast time on Domination mandates attention to the UI, not to the game. It's contrary to the design of every other inherent (even Vulnerability, which has a giant fucking reticle that disappears when it expires, immediately informing the player of that expiration without requiring him/her to look at the UI), and it's contrary to the design of the game itself (we're supposed to be looking at our characters and the NPCs to know what's going on, that's why we have graphical effects like shields with downward chevrons to indicate Defense Debuffs and blackish-yellow stars circling for ToHit debuffs). That 1.32s is where the problem hinges. If it weren't there, the dominator archetype would be as immersive as all of the others. But over and over again, no matter how well I build my dominators, I'm playing fucking UI Bingo instead of City of *. The cast time isn't a balance point, it's a design failure, and it needs to be removed.
  7. Domination's recharge time isn't affected by teammates. Dominators receive a Rage bonus when teamed so they can build Domination faster, but the power can't be activated until the recharge time has elapsed, even if the bar is full.
  8. Removing the cast time wouldn't make it an auto power, or remove the ability to select when to activate it. It would still be a click with a 90s duration and 200s recharge time.
  9. Which is balanced by a 90s duration and 200s recharge time.
  10. Powers with cast times can't activate while another power is animating, even if they're set to auto.
  11. Are you implying that Domination's recharge time is balanced by distracting the player from the game? Because that would imply that any power's recharge time could be fairly balanced by having a cat who wants attention, or needing a drink of water, or having to go to the bathroom. And that would be... stupid.
  12. When was the last time a blaster had to pause to activate Defiance? How frequently does a stalker have to interrupt his/her attack chain and wait while Assassination activates? At what time has a tanker had to stop to turn on Gauntlet, or brute Fury? Does Scourge require a break in activity before it's functional? Hell, the only other manually activated inherent in the game is Vulnerability, and that doesn't have a cast time. Set Domination's cast time to 0, like every other archetype's inherent. 1.32s wasted activating Domination every 60-200s isn't balancing the power, it's not giving NPCs a tactical advantage that they can leverage, it's just making the archetype more annoying to play and distracting the player from the game itself, forcing him/her to stare at an icon instead of everything else happening. We build attack chains so we don't have to stare at icons, so we can just press keys and watch the pretty, pretty light show. Watching the UI instead of the game is boring. Losing Domination because we were playing the game is infuriating. Penalizing players for playing is counter-productive and counter-intuitive. So get rid of the cast time. Burn it. It's bad.
  13. That. Tap a number twice, maxed. Also, salvage can be sorted by amount in the salvage window. Bottom right corner.
  14. Put out a bowl of food and some fresh water, make sure there's a clean place for them to go boom-boom, leave something for them to entertain themselves with while you're away. You know, an automated laser pointer, some string hanging from a ceiling fan set on low speed, a crate of grenades, fun stuff that they can play with. They'll be okay for a while