Problem with Sept 10 patch borderless full-screen option on Mac

ParaBruce

Thank you so much for adding borderless full-screen windowing as an option! It's my favorite way to play any details-rich computer game. But I've got a problem.

I don't know the technical terms, but I know there are terms for the priority given to each window from front-most to hind-most. CoH apparently sets itself to a very, very high priority. While I'm in this mode, the only things I can see when I tab to any other program are that program's menu bar and the dock down at the bottom. Everything else is hidden.

I wondered if new windows might be given higher priority and thus show up on top of the game, but nope, they get buried too.

Is this a thing to fix in the code, on my iMac's settings, or both?

It does this on the PC too. Not a new thing either.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

12 hours ago, ParaBruce said:

Er, you may be thinking of something else, but this is in the patch notes for the 10th of this month:

"Added the ability to select Borderless Fullscreen mode in any monitor connected to the system."

Which sounds new to me.

Setting it to Borderless Fullscreen IS a new thing, not being able to get some windows to open on top of CoH clients isn't a new thing. And the new Borderless Windows are far worse than the occasional issues in the past and it's fricking annoying.