Character Screen - Show Level Status

Fan Mail

One thing that would be helpful, IMO, is to show the status of what level you're on, on the character select screen.  For example, LVL 26.6..wonder if this would be easy to code/add?

If I had 2 bubs to get to the next level for X character, I would log that guy in first and play in a heartbeat.  My memory hurts!

Edited by tafilr
Better explanation

+1

Great idea!

Origin, Powers, of course.

Play time

Level

Current Zone

Current day job benefit location

Could be a whole ton more information.

Edited by Xoza

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

• Retired Game Master

Question: Would adding this information meaningfully change your behavior in using the character select screen? Not saying it wouldn't, just curious about the reasoning behind it, if it's just to have the information available or if it would serve some sort of function.

I reorder my characters from highest to lowest level on the character selection screen continuously. And I usually play odd-level characters first to get to them to an even level (and a new power) until level 32+, unless I have a particular hankering to play a specific hero. Having information like this would help me make the decision of which character to play, for sure.

Slightly harder to do, I'm sure, but something I've often wanted is some way to see if anyone from my SG is online and which character they are currently playing at the character select screen. That way, I can pick an AT or similarly leveled character right away to join up with them ASAP and get gaming. However, I'm in a small SG with just known friends, so that number is going to be small. Someone who is in a very large SG might have a ton to scroll through. But, still, it would save me logging on, seeing who is available and what they are playing, logging out, and logging back on with an appropriate character (close in level, compatible AT, etc.).

"Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better.  Ultimately, you'll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world." - Julius Schwartz, DC Comics pioneer, 1915-2004

17 hours ago, tafilr said:

One thing that would be helpful, IMO, is to show the status of what level you're on, on the character select screen.  For example, LVL 26.6..wonder if this would be easy to code/add?

If I had 2 bubs to get to the next level for X character, I would log that guy in first and play in a heartbeat.  My memory hurts!

My initial reaction to this was 'why?' and then I logged into my list of (I won't say how many but it's a LOT) of toons and thought about it.

"I've got an hour or so to play so I don't want to start anything big like an ITF or MSR. That means I can leave the 40+ alone for now. Say, that 20-something I was playing on 2 weeks ago is REALLY close to making the level where they get that (fill in the blank) power everyone says is REALLY cool. Yeah...let's do this!'

So...yeah...if the coding isn't a mind-bender (I got no clues there, sorry) I'd upvote this.

5 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Question: Would adding this information meaningfully change your behavior in using the character select screen? Not saying it wouldn't, just curious about the reasoning behind it, if it's just to have the information available or if it would serve some sort of function.

It would be helpful to me, yes.  The request is more of a...it would be nice if...if you follow.  Function isn't in play here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have three accounts, I have more than ten characters per account. I have to keep a spreadsheet to work out which character is where and doing what. Mostly to see what Currency each has (being able to see what Merits/Inf/etc would be my wish) but being able to see what level there are would be a help... more so for the actual level and XP to reach level than how far through a level they are. (So if I'm playing at 15, but I haven't got powers/slots since 12 I want to see 15(12).)

The screen is filling up fast. 😕   I submit that it can't practically show all the information some people want; there's not enough room, and for most players (IMO) it's too much.

Still IMO, I would say that if you want or need to keep track of that stuff, keep doing it how you are now.  I'd much rather keep the login screen as simple as possible.

11 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

I have three accounts, I have more than ten characters per account. I have to keep a spreadsheet to work out which character is where and doing what. Mostly to see what Currency each has (being able to see what Merits/Inf/etc would be my wish) but being able to see what level there are would be a help... more so for the actual level and XP to reach level than how far through a level they are. (So if I'm playing at 15, but I haven't got powers/slots since 12 I want to see 15(12).)

I have spreadsheets as well, even for costumes / costume plans for those characters and bio's... 

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club