Someone call the Fire/Martial

City_of_Jedi

See what I did there??? 😅

Anyway.  Moving on.

Let me start off by saying that Dominator is the class that I have perhaps the least experience with.  I have never before attempted to even plan a perma-dom, let alone build one.  Below is the fruit of an exhaustive several minutes.  I'm certain that it can be improved, but I am not sure how. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Fire - Martial v2: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Martial Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(9), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(17), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), GldNet-Dam%(40)
Level 1: Shuriken Throw -- GldJvl-Dam%(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(27), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 4: Trick Shot -- EntChs-Acc/Dmg(A), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx(5), EntChs-Dmg/Rchg(5), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), EntChs-Heal%(7), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 6: Smoke -- ToHitDeb-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Spinning Kick -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Obl-%Dam(31)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(43)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Envenomed Blades -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 22: Hot Feet -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(48)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(37), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Caltrops -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc(34), SvrRgh-PetResDam(48)
Level 35: Masterful Throw -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Explosive Shuriken -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 44: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50), RgnTss-Regen+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(19), EndMod-I(19)
------------

There is a concept that I am attempting to fulfill:  a character made of living smoke who suffocates his opponents.  Anything that doesn't breathe (e.g. robots) gets kicked to death.  I originally started out with a Dark/Martial Blaster, with the -To Hit representing the enemy's obscured vision, and the blasts being made to look somewhat "smoke-like" with powerset customization.  But I thought more about it and realized that Fire Control had many of the powers that I wanted:  Char, Bonfire, and even Smoke (which of course absolutely fits the concept). 

In no way do I have the cash to pull this off.  My intention is to muck about with the test server once the build is solidified. 

Edited by City_of_Jedi
typos
  • Like 1

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

1 hour ago, Chirikiti said:

I liked your pun 😃

I appreciate the positive appraisal.

But I was hoping to get some feedback on the build.  I'm flying blind here when it comes to Dominators.  And IO's.  I didn't even touch the incarnate stuff. 

Two things I've noticed so far:

1. Wowzers!  Hot Feet is expensive!!!  It drained me dry doing nothing but standing around at the Merit Vendor.  I understand it probably needs more end reduction.   But I'm not sure where to pull the slots.  Or if it's even worth doing that.  I was going to take Cinders, but I realized I didn't have any slots for that either.  So I dropped Cinders and took Caltrops, even though that's a questionable power for Dominators
  2. I prefer to have a build that I can level into and not have to respec into.  I understand that respecs are much easier to come by than they were on Live.  I also understand that respecing can optimize slot placement so that none are "wasted".  If I respec into something else later on, that is fine.  But at the beginning, I need some kind of plan...a roadmap for where it's all going.  I can't just wing it. 

Okay three things:

3.  I wonder if leaving Shuriken Throw at the default slot is wise.  After trying to do without the Tier 1 blast on the Blaster version, I realized that the starter attacks are a vital link in the attack chain.  Without the Tier 1, I felt like I was standing around for quite a while doing nothing waiting for the Tier 2 to recharge.  The Dominator version is different because the Tier 1 attack is the default.  I'll have to use it at least initially.  But it seems like it won't be very effective without any slotting.  But again...there are so many more important powers. 

This isn't anything new.  This is the dilemma we've all faced: so many 'kewl powerz', and so few slots.  I get that.  But I'm wrestling with it... now more than usual.  Maybe it's the nature of Dominators.  I'm used to melee archetypes 'cuz I've made a lot of those.  Depending on the sets, sometimes everything falls into place, and it's easy to figure out when to slot what.  I'm not finding that to be the case here. 

Am I way off base?

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

I'm not the one to do so since I am unfamiliar with both sets really. But I did play around with the idea in a Pines build soooo if it were me:

In my fire build I skipped pets, I hate them.

I think smoke is a waste of time in general and here the -to hit is negligible seems

I also don't like immobilizes, they're not locked down just can't move so personally I'd skip that too

Cones nope I'd skip that as well same with caltrops but I can see the benefit here with the slot sooooo

(you can maybe see why I never finished/played a fire/ heheh =P)

-Put a set piece in stamina.

-Your missing the Shield Wall global + resistence, I'd steal the chance for -hit off of flashfire and repurpose it to that

-The whole decimation set in trickshot maybe-damage and acc better

-Envenomed blades I'd try to do something with set piece-wise gain some sorta bonus either 2-slot or increase, I dunno, maybe lose a few sec rch buutttt I see it's near the duration so...

-Same with hot feet

-Repurpose your +regen regenerative tissue slot, maybe, from health you won't notice it that much if you want an extra slot somewhere

-I'd look at some endo or recovery...But no experience with Force Field so no idea if it's on all the time (I run 7-8 toggles and I rarely turn off super speed, but I also build with more end and recovery in mind)

Notes:

This is an early somewhat quickie look so I just went for the sorta obvious stuff

I'm no expert on fire/ tried on live for a bit, and MA I have no experience with

I have a dif play philosophy, I dislike immobs and hate pets, and care little about AOE

I prefer resistence over defense

My build went through 12 iterations at least before I was close to perfect (for me). Once you play this build and work up more capital and merits. Play with it in the builder. There's some set pieces that I have used but don't and re-arranged a lot of 'em. You maybe find that to be the same.

If nothing else I would set piece the ones that don't have set pieces but can. Even a 2-slot set piece can increase your recovery

That's all I care to comment on because of the preferences I just mentioned. There's almost for sure reasons behind certain choices that I'm ignorant of having never played this style dom. But I think my minor suggestions (set piece stamina, shield wall, moving a slot or two around) seem decently valid. Although I really do think you could do without smoke and add in something else superspeed (this is suuuuuuper useful) or tactics maybe. /waffles hand.

That's the best I can do without making a radical change in the whole build philosophy hehe. Hopefully someone with more experience with these sets chimes in. And I'm sure you'll have different ideas about it after playing through a decent amount of content and seeing how this version works.

Have fun

-Six

Something else I noticed:  Domination is increasing knockback magnitude!

This is probably old news to most readers on this forum.  But it totally didn't work this way in Issue 6 with my Ice/Ice Dom (which I gave up on after getting my @ss handed to me repeatedly).  I used Ice Slick extensively and it never changed from knockdown into knockback, whether domination was up or not. 

I realize we have Sudden Acceleration and Overwhelming Force sets to change knockback to knockdown.  But from messing around with it in Mids' Reborn, it seems like the level of the enhancement affects the degree of KB reduction.  Too low and the target is still knocked back.  Too high and you get negative knockback.  What happens then?!  Are they knocked forward?!  Maybe it doesn't actually work that way in-game.  Maybe Mids' is wrong.  I don't know.  That's why I'm here. 

Another question:  isn't it possible to add a bunch of different knockdown effects such that they stack and become knockback?   (e.g. Bonfire slotted with Sudden Acceleration + Spinning Kick + Dragon's Tail)

I’ve been fooling around with the idea of a Fire/Martial Dom, myself. I don’t have my own build present, since I’m on my tablet, but here are a couple of notes from the experience I have with both sets:

-You absolutely want to slot Shuriken Throw. The fantastic thing about that power is it’s swift animation time and short recharge. It and Char are the buttons you press when you don’t know what else to do. I think I 5-Slotted it I need my build with Decimations.

-Trick Shot is a nice power to slot your Decimation Chance for Build Up proc. It triggers that often. I saw you out it there and it made me happy.

-Smoke is a bad power. I’m sorry. I wish it were great, too. Feel free to keep it for theme, because slots are tight on Do I Armor builds anyway, but it’s bad.

-Hot Feet is a nice source of damage if you invest the right IOs in It, but it needs a lot of slotting. I would either find a way to slot it up or not take it at all.

-I would honestly put only two slots into Bonfire, the slot the KB to KD proc and a Force feedback recharge proc. That turns it into a really nice control with some recharge reduction.

-I like slotting KD procs into Caltrops. It turns the power into a pseudo-Bonfire. It’s worth the investment.

Edited by Mercurias

12 hours ago, Mercurias said:

...here are a couple of notes from the experience I have with both sets:

Thank you for your suggestions.  I am incorporating them now.  But I do have a couple of questions:

12 hours ago, Mercurias said:

-Smoke is a bad power.

Do you mean to say that it's largely unhelpful rather than outright detrimental?  If so, that's been my impression as well, even prior to starting the build.  Once the mob aggros onto you, it can attack you whether it can "see" you or not [as you know].  Like you were saying, theme sort of demands that I take it.  Perhaps it could reduce the likelihood of that nearby pack from aggroing and wiping the team?  Or it even fails at that?

My thread reply prior to your post has some additional questions.  I don't suppose you could address any of those things?

New build:

Fire - Martial v3: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(9), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(17), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34), GldNet-Dam%(37)
Level 1: Shuriken Throw -- EntChs-Acc/Dmg(A), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx(7), EntChs-Dmg/Rchg(17), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), EntChs-Heal%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(27), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 4: Trick Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Dcm-Build%(40)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Spinning Kick -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Envenomed Blades -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Stealth -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 28: Caltrops -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Rgn-Knock%(48)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc(34), SvrRgh-PetResDam(48)
Level 35: Masterful Throw -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Explosive Shuriken -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 47: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(19), EndMod-I(19)
------------

I got sooooo close to the soft cap for smashing/lethal defense!  But it was the best I could do without making some other kind of sacrifice.  (Obviously recharge time is the main priority, but typed defenses are a nice side benefit!)  I incorporated the Concealment pool to eek out just a bit more defense using Stealth, while still maintaining access to defense powers to mule Luck of the Gambler.  (It also makes sense thematically; he's "harder to see" because of all the smoke.)

What do you think?

Edited by City_of_Jedi
added build

Smoke's -ToHit counts as defense if you think of it in that way. If you have 40% defenses and your enemy has a -5% To-Hit debuff its pretty much the same as 45% defense. But everything needs to be debuffed for that to happen. So between Smoke and Barrier you should have Energy sort of covered. It is a bit of a hassle though.

On the other hand if you reach 40% defense Barrier will always give you at least 5% defense.

As you noticed Hotfeet does not really do much for a Dom. No containment to double its power, super expensive, got to be in melee range, etc

Remember to go to options, then Effects, and tick a few boxes like 'being hit' or 'activate damage skill' and such in order to see the real defense numbers that Stealth gives while in combat.

You can save two slots, one from Haste and another From EB, just by +5 the two remaining ones on each power (click as if to choose an IO, then press + five time over it). Your EB has level 30 IOs btw, but at 50 and +5 it recharges in 43 seconds, so the first Bonfire you throw and Force Feedback proccing you'll have it perma.

Strictly speaking you don't *really* need to buff up your defense like mad. You start the fight with Flashfire, go in, unleash your AoEs, then as they start recharging and before Flashfire wears off, you start Bonfire's glacial 3 second animation and the pack will be flopping between it and Caltops as you have them slotted, so you should be plenty fine and not really be hit back.

A Panacea proc is better than a Numina for endurance.

+5 both end mods in Stamina to eek out a bit more recovery and don't forget to hunt the accolades to indirectly increase your recovery (3.17 EPS without accolades, 3.53 EPS with).

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Remember to go to options, then Effects, and tick a few boxes like 'being hit' or 'activate damage skill' and such in order to see the real defense numbers that Stealth gives while in combat.

I'd forgotten about this feature, if I ever knew it existed to begin with. 

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to write it.  I will incorporate your suggestions.  

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

You can save two slots, one from Haste and another From EB

The issue is:  what shall I do with the slots?  Add to Health?  😕

Lastly, I still do not know why Spinning Kick is sending mobs flying.  Perhaps these particular mobs are simply vulnerable to knockdown effects?  (I believe it was CoT). 

3 hours ago, City_of_Jedi said:

I'd forgotten about this feature, if I ever knew it existed to begin with. 

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to write it.  I will incorporate your suggestions.  

The issue is:  what shall I do with the slots?  Add to Health?  😕

Lastly, I still do not know why Spinning Kick is sending mobs flying.  Perhaps these particular mobs are simply vulnerable to knockdown effects?  (I believe it was CoT). 

Clockwork and grey mobs are weak to KB, but not CoT. Still, it's not difficult to fix though. If it turns out that the KB was a fluke then switch the Sudden Acceleration for another Force Feedback.

This is what I would do instead. Super Speed with the stealth IO grants you perfect stealth (except against Rikti drones and Nemesis sharpshootes, so no need for Stealth and Invis). Just turn it on when you want the stealth (like approaching a pack of NPCs to Flashfire them) and then turn it off while fighting to spare your endurance.

Combat Jumping allows to eek a bit more defense for free since the toggle costs nothing compared to stealth/Invis (and you can hit the tailor and have Super Speed with no glowie feet FX).

Making the whole build a lot more expensive puts everything with the exception of Negative and Psi at 40%. That means with Barrier you will be capped permanently. This *will* be a lot more expensive, but it's something you can work at one IO bit at a time. Your Hasten/Envenomed Blades will suffer a bit from this, but your Force Feedback proc ought to make it perma.

You have one free power to do what you want with. Personally I would shuffle things around and pick Flight + Afterburner (Flight without Afterburner isn't worth it) because I love me some flying, and you're a smokey themed character, so flying fits you. You can even lose Super Speed and the stealth IO for perfect stealth and instead place the stealth IO in Sprint to be toggled on only when you want to stealth past something. It's not going to be perfect stealth like when it was in SS, but it's not something that is *really* necessary. Otherwise just keep your current setup and use Hover in combat or to go over obstacles when in Super Speed.

Spoiler

Fire - Martial v3: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(3), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), GldNet-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Shuriken Throw -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(11)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(17)
Level 4: Trick Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Spinning Kick -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 12: Flashfire -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(33)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 16: Envenomed Blades -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(34), Krm-ResKB(36)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(39), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-ResDam(39), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 28: Caltrops -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Rgn-Knock%(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(42), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SvrRgh-PetResDam(43)
Level 35: Masterful Throw -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(43), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Explosive Shuriken -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 47: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(19), EndMod-I(19)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

Thank you again for your advice.  😀

Is losing perma-hasten a reasonable trade-off for the increased defense?  (I had assumed recharge to be the priority where Dominators were concerned.)

4 hours ago, City_of_Jedi said:

Thank you again for your advice.  😀

Is losing perma-hasten a reasonable trade-off for the increased defense?  (I had assumed recharge to be the priority where Dominators were concerned.)

Y'welcome, Jediseph.

Perma Hasten is a tool like any other. You are within Perma Domination which is the more important part, and so close to perma Hasten that the +recharge proc in Bonfire will put you back there.

Earlier up-thread you were concerned about skipping the T1 blast.  My experience with my Fire^3 perma-Dom back in the Live era was that, once you get up to the amount of recharge needed to Perma, you actually can skip the T1 blast.  Cinderlock was just using Char, Fire Blast and Blaze as his ST and it worked just fine.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

Later on,

Generator

PS - Your subject line was awful, reading that pun almost caused me internal bleeding.  Loved it.  😄

Edited by Generator