Remove the arbitrary time limit on FFG

DMW45

1 hour ago, DMW45 said:

Something that kinda bugs me about /Traps, and since /Devices was worked on recently I thought I'd ask and see if something like this could be worked on?

I kind of assumed that it was on a timer to either bring it somewhat in line with the end cost over time of FF's dispersion bubble, or that no set (barring MM primaries) gets a permanent pet that early...

8 minutes ago, DMW45 said:

Well, it's harder to use than dispersion--you actually have to wait for it, especially for an MM as you have to try to keep it in range of your pets.

But it also has greater defense and status protection values than dispersion, which I think it to make up for that fact.

Slightly off topic, but as a tabletop gamer I was confused about what Fantasy Flight Games had to do with anything in City of Heroes. >.>

• Like 2

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

2 hours ago, biostem said:

But it also has greater defense and status protection values than dispersion, which I think it to make up for that fact.

So if the slightly greater defense and protections are balanced by the fact that it a) can be destroyed and b) tends to lag behind, why would it also have a further limitation that it times out and self destructs after four minutes?

I'd see nothing wrong with making it a permanent summon.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, biostem said:

No.  It doesn't.  In any group that moves faster than the drone, which is to say ANY GROUP AT ALL, the only time it's in range is when you summon it mid-battle.  And then it dies to splash damage because it's only marginally tougher than the P2W pets.