Change the KB proc in Stupefy to KD

Hedgefund

I really like the Stupefy set, it gives good ranged def and recharge (3.13% and 6.25% respectively).  

Unfortunately I find I have to be careful about slotting it.  To get the ranged def bonus you have to go all-in and 6 slot, so no kb-kd proc can be used to minimize the kb.

While I can make it work on a blast set st stun, (like Screech or Stunning Shot) it's pretty much a no-go for a control aoe stun.

So, my suggestion is to change that knock back to knock down.

• Like 2

Stupefy has been around way too long to go changing anything on it. I can see why you'd prefer KD, but too many probably use the KB and want to keep it.

Perhaps they just need to make a new set with the same bonuses, but make the proc KD. They can call it... Dupefy?

Edited by Rylas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

1 hour ago, Jeuraud said:

Wouldn't a KB to KD make this IO set way over powered, unless you were to drop the % of Def and Recharge.

No. 

Is Cloud Senses overpowered?  It gives even more ranged def, the same recharge and a damage proc to boot. 

Is Oblit overpowered?  It gives more def (to melee) a smidge less recharge (5%) and a damage proc to boot.

Is Mocking Beratement overpowered?  It gives more def bonuses (one of them  = 3.13) and more recharge.

Is Perfect Zinger overpowered?  It gives a 3.13% def bonus, a bit less recharge and a damage proc to boot.

Is Malaise's Illusion overpowered?  It gives a the same def and recharge and a damage proc to boot (though it could be argued the damage is a negative for many).

This is off the top of my head, there may be more non-exotic IOs that give similar bonuses for some defense and recharge and I haven't heard any of them referred to as "overpowered" before.

14 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

This is off the top of my head, there may be more non-exotic IOs that give similar bonuses for some defense and recharge and I haven't heard any of them referred to as "overpowered" before.

These were designed from the start and none of them has as large of a change in tactics as a KB to KD, unless of course you do not believe there is a large tactical difference between a longer Knockback, and a Knockback that is turned into a Knockdown.

Edited by Jeuraud

4 minutes ago, Jeuraud said:

A KB to KD changes the tactics of a power, unless of course you do not believe there is any tactical difference between a longer Knockback, and a Knockback that is turned into a Knockdown.

If anything, KD ends up providing slightly less mitigation. With KB, the foe can only attack you right away with a ranged power. If a foe is KD'd, they can use melee or ranged powers as soon as they get up without having to run back to you.

But again, the better answer is to have a new, nearly identical IO set made that offers a KD proc instead.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

9 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Is Mocking Beratement overpowered?  It gives more def bonuses (one of them  = 3.13) and more recharge.

Is Perfect Zinger overpowered?  It gives a 3.13% def bonus, a bit less recharge and a damage proc to boot.

People use those sets? Granted, no tanks here (cause..eww) but..taunt sets? Can get as good bonuses from melee damage sets without gimping attacks.

Also, does the kb proc even make sense for a STun power? Maybe a ranged, single target one, but in an Aoe stun, I dont know why you'd want to just scatter a mob.

• Like 1