Incarnate Respec Options

dmaker

I think having a repsec or at least some kinda of power breakdown would be nice, i've made powers as a mistake or didn't like how it worked out ( I'm looking at you robotic drones ) but it would most defiantly have to come at diminished returns I.E. "break down" a T4 you get X incarnate threads and 3 rare salvage no getting your VR back ect. so it isn't abused. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Corruption said:

I don't think it's needed. It's relatively easy to unlock incarnate powers and you can theoretically have them all crafted and switch them out whenever you want. 

I'm against Incarnate respec for the above reasons. If you want a different incarnate power set, you simply have to work towards it and switch the incarnate powers out. Unlike regular respec, where those options don't exist. Honestly, I hope an incarnate respec DOES NOT happen, as I think it may potentially reduce numbers for incarnate trial gatherings. Give players something to work towards, not take away from. If anything needs to be added to the incarnate system, I say add more difficult incarnate content.

Edited by kenro90

On 9/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, MunkiLord said:

I like your idea, it's a good cost to pay in my opinion. But I really want a difficult Incarnate respec trial, I think that would be a blast. I don't mean a league thing like normal trials, but a normal team like Terra Volta respec. I don't even think it would have to be a power swap thing either, maybe give back 50-75% of components in threads if completed.

I would be okay with that except for one thing... It's a giant proverbial-middle-finger to solos and duo/small-team players.

It's silly that I *still* find myself having to remind people that ** NOT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME IS A "TEAMER" **.

We have a very solo/small-team friendly way to GET those Incarnate toys in the first place.

Given that, it would seem sort-of stupid to lock out any potential changes to those picks behind a "Team or else!" challenge-level Task Force. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

24 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I would be okay with that except for one thing... It's a giant proverbial-middle-finger to solos and duo/small-team players.

It's silly that I *still* find myself having to remind people that ** NOT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME IS A "TEAMER" **.

We have a very solo/small-team friendly way to GET those Incarnate toys in the first place.

Given that, it would seem sort-of stupid to lock out any potential changes to those picks behind a "Team or else!" challenge-level Task Force. 

Then do it solo or duo.

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

This whole thread is an unnecessary suggestion, and your comment just highlights how unnecessary it is.

The best way to grind Incarnate stuff is solo.  Oroboros re-runs of the first Dark Astoria arc literally beats any other method and doing it in a team can only slow you down.  

We don't need an Incarnate respec trial or TF or team based anything.  Just go grind for more components and merits.  

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

Then do it solo or duo.

You want a Task Force that's difficult for a full team to complete... and your answer to my concern about that kind of content locking out solos is to say "solo it".

Right.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

26 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

You want a Task Force that's difficult for a full team to complete... and your answer to my concern about that kind of content locking out solos is to say "solo it".

Right.

I just want a difficult Terra Volta style Incarnate Respec Trial, that's it. All the other stuff is cool too, but that's not what I'm focused on.