PVP Recipe Color

While this isn't anything major in the terms of gameplay, hear me out. Way back when in the early days of the IOs, all "Recipe Found!" prompts showed up in white. Obviously, now white is common, yellow is uncommon, orange is rare, and purple is very rare. But then there's the case of PVP IOs, which are categorized as "rare" in the recipe lists. They are their own pool of special IOs, they can only convert into other PVP IOs.

Basically, what I'm getting at here is that it would be quality of life change to make PVP recipes show up as their own color, such as blue or green. Having the "Recipe found!" prompt show up as a unique color, and then having its color be the same on the recipe list. On top of this, at some point along the way they made a change so you couldn't sell purples to a vendor...Have something like that for pvp recipes as well. On top of it being convenient for everyone, it would also help newer players understand that the recipe they got is different than the others.

• Like 2

🏳️‍🌈 Everlasting Player 🏳️‍🌈

Mains: First Warden, Railwarden, Lucid Dream, Capricious Keeper

Alt Mains: Radiant Vanguard, Forbearance, Trepidation, Alexandria Ward

Maybe some day I'll recover from Altoholism

Just now, Vanden said:

They should just be purple. They have the same price as purples at the merit vendor, they have the same drop rate as purples, their set bonuses are unaffected by exemplaring, they're practically purples already.

I don't think grouping them with Very Rares is conductive to this, as they aren't in the same conversion pool as purples. They do show up as purple tier recipes on the merit vendor. What I'm trying to get at is that changing them to have their own unique color would be helpful, as you'd be able to see the recipe prompt pop up and say "Oh! Cool, I got a pvp recipe. Sweet." and move on. Again, not a huge change, I'm not proposing we change drop rates or anything.

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

They could be red because PvP is certain, agonizing death.

While I definitely agree with this sentiment, red might be too close to orange for this. I suggested a light blue or green because it would be easily identifiable as something different!

• Like 2