Change Solar Flare to knockdown for PB's

Cooltastic

I would like to request that Peacebringer ability SOLAR FLARE get it's knockback changed to knockdown. PB's have far to many attacks with knockback, ALL of their AoE's have it(Luminous Detonation, Solar Flare, Dawn Strike, Photon Seekers.) The only multi-target ability they have without knockback is Photon Scatter that's a cone.

PB's best single target attacks our their melee attacks. So it would be nice to be able to use an AoE and then follow up with some melee attacks without having to give chase to enemies you just sent flying away. Solar Flare is a PBAoE(so you have to be in melee range to use it, so would make sense to change into knockdown) that does mid level damage. It could be a like a way weaker version of Foot Stomp(in fact it used to share that animation, I prefer the new hand clap animation but would love to see the foot stomp and ground punch become optional animations for it.) Dawn Strike is your much more devastating PBAoE, which makes sense that it would have more kick to it as far as knocking back goes.

Overall I just feel like changing Solar Flare to do knockdown instead would just make it feel more fun to play, being able to play a Melee PB a bit easier. Not to mention it would make your teammates much happier if you weren't sending everything flying every 20secs(or less) just because you want to do SOME AoE damage.

And yes, I know there are IO's that can change Knockback to knockdown. But I still feel this power shouldn't be knockback to begin with.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

There are IOs available to turn the knockback to knockdown, if you want them.

Exactly.  You only need to slot:

• SEVEN KB>KD converters into your Human Form powers.
  • TWO KB>KD converters into your Nova Form powers.
  • THREE KB>KD converters into your Dwarf Form powers.

You should be HAPPY to "pay" a Knockback TAX on 12 of the powers you can take, leaving you with only 55 slots to go around on a Tri-Form build with 36 powers that can take slots ... right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT??

I mean, you usually make your builds with an average of 1.5 slots added per power ... right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT??

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I'm getting away just fine with two of the knockback to knockdown IO's. One in solar flare and one in Bright Nova detonation. I've noticed that single target knockback is something teams do not care about. My SG bitches to high heaven if I knock stuff around, no complaints now lol. Also is it knock down if you are directly above the critters, so positioning is part of it.

26 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Exactly.  You only need to slot:

• SEVEN KB>KD converters into your Human Form powers.
  • TWO KB>KD converters into your Nova Form powers.
  • THREE KB>KD converters into your Dwarf Form powers.

You should be HAPPY to "pay" a Knockback TAX on 12 of the powers you can take, leaving you with only 55 slots to go around on a Tri-Form build with 36 powers that can take slots ... right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT??

I mean, you usually make your builds with an average of 1.5 slots added per power ... right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT??

Calm down.

The original post mentioned specifically  Solar Flare.

Nova? Fly higher. Knockback is now KD, or at least minimized. And given the OP was talking about melee, that's not normally done in Nova to begin with. Generally I don't *want* KB reduced in my Nova powers.

Also I've been running triform since live at about I3-I4. I'm *quite* aware of how to deal with slot crunch. And I tend to use positioning to deal with knockback. *shrug* I use it to my advantage. My point was that there's already a way to change that that doesn't (a) require any programming work from the team and (b) doesn't affect anyone else.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The main reason I would want this isn't for myself, I had knockdown IOs at the ready the moment I unlocked each relevant power (Luminous Detonation, Solar Flare, Photon Seekers, Nova Strike). It's for other players. I've seen PBs asked to stop using their 360 AoE powers too many times.

Just last night I was in a group with a PB that was excited to have just unlocked Solar Flare, but had to be told to stop using it.

2 hours ago, Demon Shell said:

The main reason I would want this isn't for myself, I had knockdown IOs at the ready the moment I unlocked each relevant power (Luminous Detonation, Solar Flare, Photon Seekers, Nova Strike). It's for other players. I've seen PBs asked to stop using their 360 AoE powers too many times.

Just last night I was in a group with a PB that was excited to have just unlocked Solar Flare, but had to be told to stop using it.

Exactly my point! Solar Flare is the biggest problem when teaming. You get the power in the mid level range and it has a relatively short cooldown at 20secs. Teams HATE you using this power. I was actually GIVEN a knockdown converter by a teammate just so I could use the power cause everyone was complaining. Solar Flare doesn't do enough damage to equate it having knockback. Nukes like Dawn Strike and Photon Seekers sure.

I actually don't have a problem with any of the other powers having knockback on them. Like I said, you get a Nuke and a MiniNuke in Dawn Strike and Photon Seekers, those are fine to have knockback because they make those powers feel that much more powerful. Luminous Detonation is a Ranged AoE, sure it doesn't do much damage but you're already at range and can focus on being at range so it's not as bothersome(still will annoy your teammates though, but I don't know if many people even take this power out of Squid Form.) Radiant Strike is a single target melee attack so you can position the knockback on it very easily and it doesn't bother your team any.

Solar Flare is the only one that has become a MUST HAVE KNOCKBACK CONVERTER in it if you want to be able to use it. That tells me the power SHOULD be a knockdown power to begin with.

Edited by Cooltastic