Water Blast?

Chalkarts

Water Blast has passable ST, very good AoE, and a decent self-heal if you want to take it. With a ranged nuke and probably the best cone power in any blast set, it's well-suited to playing from range rather than being a blapper. The combo mechanic... is there, I guess, but it doesn't require much attention, and using it well or poorly doesn't make a huge difference.

The only issue I have with water, it has not got the "punch" effect of some other sets like ice and fire. I don't feel I hit hard with water.. not like frost breath or fireball. this is all about personal feel. You can always have it a ride with a DFB and get the feel of it yourself ofc

1 hour ago, tunch said:

I don't feel I hit hard with water.. not like frost breath or fireball.

But... Steam Spray does dramatically more damage than either of these...?

The ST definitely does not feel punchy; even a double Water Jet doesn't feel especially exciting considering that it's basically a 3s animation. Geyser and Steam Spray are where the punch is.

I guess it's a personal preference but I feel like Water Blast is very punchy especially when Water Jet Recharges and you hit that mob with yet another Blast.  I agree Steam Spray feels amazing and has the same feel and punch that Fireball or Frost Breath gives.  Water has more of an AOE punch than it's single target punch.  My water toon can clear out an entire mob easily with Geyser + Water Burst + Whirlpool + Steam Spray.  In fact I only tend to get to the second attack in that sequence before I notice everything is dead.  When my Nuke is down My AOE's are more than enough to compensate for my recharging Nuke.   When it comes to ST Water feels like DOT followed up by an eventual big burst from Hydro Blast and 2 x Water Jet.

Water Blast for me is an amazing set.  It feels natural to play at ranged and close up.  It provides so much survival with knock up that it rivals the controlled feel of sets like Assault Rifle and Dark Blast.  Water Blast also has amazing proc options. 

• Like 4

On 9/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, Hopeling said:

The ST definitely does not feel punchy; even a double Water Jet doesn't feel especially exciting considering that it's basically a 3s animation. Geyser and Steam Spray are where the punch is.

I figured out how to make it feel more lethal.

I changed the colors to brown and named the toon "Raw Sewage"

I'm ashamed of myself for making it, but it makes me laugh a lot.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed playing Water blast on a Water/Rad corrupter and the set worked quite well.  I haven't looked at the blaster version but it's just scaled up damage?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

/temp works well regardless, but Water/temp is one of the few builds I want to play after hitting 50. It is certainly in the Top 3.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I have been playing a Water/Fire, which has insane AoE if you are willing to get in close. I had previously leveled a Radiation/Fire to 50 but I find the Water/Fire far stronger overall. /Fire's sustain also provides heal per second which stacks with the heal in Water, and makes the character extremely survivable.