Global Super Groups

Phoenix'

Many of us have been transferring back and forth across servers either for PvE or PvP.
We got tired of recreating super group and bases or re inviting people in them.

Is it possible to make Super Groups Global? 

Being able to transfer to another server and use your sg's base/chat/teleports etc will be very convenient 

I forget the "reasons", but I'm pretty sure the groups are server tied. I'm just Really curious how often you're transferring across servers though as that sounds like a lot of hassle. Most of the people I interact with simply (manually) clone the groups on other servers or don't even bother (just join someone else's). Same with alts, but at least with alts you can import the costumes. IDK, I'm still stuck on the bouncing servers concept as it sounds more like a "Lone Wanderer/Drifter" sort of playstyle.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Someone I know is moving toons a LOT. Like 4 times in a few hours for Weekly tf's (stf) then over to pvp. But I guess if you 'just' pvp on server X, you dont really need a huge base? Just a medithing and some other stuffs? May not be possible, but what if entry into pvp zones (I mean, its only BB, SC and Rv) was open to anyone, from any server? Like a mini shard for just those? No idea if thats possible.

Edited by Razor Cure

On 9/26/2019 at 3:12 PM, Phoenix' said:

We got tired of recreating super group and bases or re inviting people in them.

Is it possible to make Super Groups Global? 

It can't be *that* hard to create and leave a Group Commander on each server, and log into him and spam /altinvite when needed.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

22 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

No idea if thats possible.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t player characters just bits of memory? Like your hero is saved somewhere on the server with information regarding what pieces of costume/IOslots information like that; couldn’t it just be duplicated and transferred over, or is every shard uniquely coded so values cannot be changed and by transferring over memory leaves a big mess of misinformation because we have to change the whole program in order to transfer these (I don’t know the terms) saved progresses? 

Cause I thought hardcoded meant, if code gets changed there are other lines that rely on communicating with in order for the program to continually work. Does that count for the saved memory for user’s character is the broken record question.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

2 hours ago, ToZ said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t player characters just bits of memory? Like your hero is saved somewhere on the server with information regarding what pieces of costume/IOslots information like that; couldn’t it just be duplicated and transferred over, or is every shard uniquely coded so values cannot be changed and by transferring over memory leaves a big mess of misinformation because we have to change the whole program in order to transfer these (I don’t know the terms) saved progresses? 

Cause I thought hardcoded meant, if code gets changed there are other lines that rely on communicating with in order for the program to continually work. Does that count for the saved memory for user’s character is the broken record question.

It's just a file with a template based on your costume and other bits, but there's things to consider like does someone Else have your name. I'm sure there's also other things in the background related to the migration that requires it to follow a submission process (as it's always been".

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

6 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

It's just a file with a template based on your costume and other bits, but there's things to consider like does someone Else have your name. I'm sure there's also other things in the background related to the migration that requires it to follow a submission process (as it's always been".

I was also going to suggest to be able to have only one name global protected. Your global is unique right? It would be nice to have one name unique too. Not all your toons just global name protection to only one 😎