Dominators: Nature Mastery

macskull

A conversation in the Homecoming Discord a night or two ago got me thinking. Someone had said they wished Stone Mastery would get ported to Dominators, to which my initial response was "well, Doms already get 3 of the 5 powers in that pool in Earth Assault, and everything else that'd be thematic is already in Earth Control, so what's the point?" There are a few options, like Rooted, that could make sense but honestly would just be wasted power picks since I highly doubt many players would intentionally take Rooted if they had the choice. I took a look at the existing Dominator epic pool offerings and came up with something that shares a few powers from Stone Mastery but swaps the three duplicates out while keeping with a somewhat thematic pairing and uses existing animations and assets.

Nature Mastery: You have mastery over the natural environment around you to blast your foes and add some much needed armor and defense.

Level 35 - Corrosive Enzymes (ranged foe -res/-dmg): You spray a target with toxic, corrosive enzymes reducing the damage they deal as well as their damage resistance.

• Same attributes as the Nature Affinity version but with Dominator debuff values (11.25% -res, 11.25% -dmg)

Level 35 - Overgrowth (PBAoE ally +dmg/+tohit/end discount): Becoming a conduit of nature itself, you greatly boost the damage, to hit, and endurance discount of nearby allies for a long period of time.

• Copy of the Nature Affinity version with Dominator buff values (7.5% +tohit, 49.5% +dmg, 74.5% end discount) and without Bloom applied.
  • Recharge time of 300 seconds vice 255 seconds.

Level 41 - Rock Armor (toggle smash/lethal +def): Your skin becomes stone while this power is active. Smashing and Lethal attacks are less likely to land and affect you.

• Copy of existing Controller version. No changes needed here!

Level 41 - Earth's Embrace (self heal/+HP): You are so connected to the earth, you can draw upon its power to add to your own health. Activating this power increases your maximum hit points and grants you resistance to toxic damage.

• Copy of existing Controller version. Uses same attributes as Ice Mastery's Hoarfrost.

Level 44 - Tornado (summon Tornado, minor smashing DoT, foe knockback/fear/disorient): Conjures up a funnel cloud at a targeted location. The tornado will chase down your foes, tossing them into the air and hurling them great distances. The victims are left disoriented and with reduced defense. The tornado is a menacing sight, and can even cause panic among your foes.

• Copy of version from Storm Summoning with adjustments to endurance cost (26 vice 20.8) and recharge time (120s vice 60s).
  • Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Not sure about Tornado, Mac. Just doesn't fit. What about a Swarm power? Like those DE ones? You summon the swarm, since it is very close to a pseudo pet anyway, like /Nado. Also, Dom's getting extra, good control might be a bit much, the swarn could be a bit more damage, slow/-rech and distraction.

Rest seems good!

Sorry, hard no on giving out Nature's capstone ability (and before corrupters/masterminds/controllers get it even!). I could get behind summoning a DE type stationary pet that buffs acc/damage though. 

Tornado should be 3 minutes, same as water spout. One of the support abilities should also be dropped for an attack, as that is a lot of support for a Dom epic set. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later
  • 1 year later